My calendar automatically blocks random dates

Ludovic25
Level 1
Switzerland

My calendar automatically blocks random dates

Hi guys,

I've been a host for a month now and I noticed that my calendar keeps on automatically blocking random days by itself.

I'm the only one to have access to my account and my calendar is synced with my Google agenda account.

This morning I noticed on my Google agenda that the 12-13-14 december period was blocked. I connected to my airbnb account and indeed those days were blocked.

Has anyone every experienced this issue?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ludovic

18 Replies 18
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

It;s a long standing bug in the system that AirBnB seems to be unable to fix. Dates randomly  blocking and unblocking - happens to lots of hosts. We get in quite frequently for specific months.

Dear Gerry and Rashid,

Thanks for reply.

Quite annoying bug...

Diana103
Level 6
Oceanside, CA

They are changing my prices.  They are giving my home away for the holidays!  4 days in a row they are discounting it by $175 a night!!!!!!!!!!  But of course it's not there fault and it's the first time they have ever heard of it happening.   But then it happened last Christmas twice also!!!!  So that's when I just block it and stay there myself.  Sorry Airbnb you could of made money instead 

Report a software bug here: https://www.airbnb.ca/help/feedback

If you let an inquiry or reservation request expire, that can also block the dates. 

Thanks Alice and Jeff.

Done it.

Ludovic

Judith204
Level 2
Kailua Kona, HI

I noticed this conversation took place in 2016 but I am having the same problem now.  Has anyone discovered the fix?  Thanks you Alice and Jeff for the link to give feedback.  I Have submitted a report and am waiting but thought I would ask the community as well.???????

@Judith204 do you synchronize your calendar with any other calendars or services?

Yes

I just tried unsync, seems to work.

It happens a lot .. it seems like someone gets there and block a day in between 7 days opening to mess up my bookings .. I wouldn’t call it a bug I would call it a hacker 

Vanessa449
Level 2
Camberley, United Kingdom

oI keep getting the same. The odd day here and there gets blocked. How do I report this to get a fix?

ChuckandCarole0
Level 7
Springfield, OR

Hello all!   random dates in the next couple of months....4 dates i have available next week, three nites the week after, and into july now, with a three nite minimum....the website keeps blocking two or three of those dates....i unlinked all of my listings....just uninstalled my phone app, nothing seems to work.    hoping airbnb will cover the loss of income from this bug?

any ideas 

I have the same issue.

I have about 30 listings.

I keep calendar open for 3 months.

As the days start rolling and caelndar opens up. I get random blocks in all listings.

I continuously have to unblock random days and its annoying and probably keeps people from booking my place

@Sonia-and-Syed0  Do you by chance send pre-approvals from HA/Vrbo to guests?