My calendar sync is not working correctly for some of my Booking.com dates

Pete-and-Margaret0
Level 2
Christchurch, New Zealand

My calendar sync is not working correctly for some of my Booking.com dates

Hi, we've been using Airbnb and Booking.com for two months now and the calendar sync process has worked seamlessly and accurately for both sites. In this last week there have been two instances of new Boooking.com bookings that have not synced correctly with Airbnb. My Airbnb calendar shows the Booking.com dates with one day less than is actually booked. This has foced me to manually book the missed dates - which are the last date of the booking on Booking.com. 

Does anyone know if this issue is a one off random, or something related to Airbnb calendar syncing issue?

Thanks, Pete

2 Replies 2
Susan1188
Level 10
Marbella, Spain

I'm also having pro blemw with booking.com

The airbnb calender does not synch to their calender (other way seems fine)

When I delete the link and try to put it in again I get an error message saying this is not avalid iCal url ... but it worked before and it works for homeaway and tripadvisor...

it looks like they are messing around with the code behind their websites maybe trying to standardize the different languages and countries

try entering your calendar thru another screen you will see the presentation is alittle different but this way let me input the URL from airbnb at least.

it still does not seem to be synching normally on booking.com tho

https://admin.booking.com/hotel/hoteladmin/extranet_ng/manage/availability_calendar.html?hotel_accou... xxxxxxxxxxxx

Susan1188
Level 10
Marbella, Spain

I noticed also that booking was not synching this morning and it refused to take my airbnb ical url so I wanted to shut off the listing.

took me an hour to find out how, so now i'm posting it here so I can find it again if need be!

If you need to take your BOOKING.COM listing offline because of synching problems do the following:

- go into calender, month view.  There seem to be different screens for this depending on country and language make sure you are in english and you have a screen with monthly calender view (not the line view) and with the buttons at the bottom for synching export and import calendar.  My first try, these buttons did not appear and the calendar was different.

airbnb booking synch 1.png

On the side of this screen you can pick dates and there is an option "no end date"

You can close off your listing here for all future dates while you try to solve the calendar synch problem.

Remove the booking.com ical import from your airbnb and other calendars while you are doing this or else it might block them.

airbnb booking synch 2.png