My first bad experience with guests

Mihaela9
Level 2
Timișoara, Romania

My first bad experience with guests

Hello dear  hosts I have a big question! We had guests who did not follow the rules! They were laughable until the neighbors wanted to call the police and left a mess in the apartment!
 I wanted to be nice to leave them some snacks that eventually got the rest on the floor and besides all that, they drank my champagne bottle I had in apartment, but they did not ask me if they can drink it or not!

I'm thinking of leaving them a review but what if they do not write to me, them will not appear on their page as other hosts to see what guests are you taking!

My question is how do I tax them in this case !? I want them to pay for my champagne bottle at least!

Thanking me for not getting the fine from the police, but my neighbors are upset right now!

9 Replies 9
Oomesh-Kumarsingh0
Level 10
Pamplemousses, Mauritius

@Mihaela9 I am so sorry to hear that you went through such a situation. I would advice you to leave them a very bad review and give them the lowest rating possible also mention that they stolen a bottle of champagne from you. You can immediately report this case to Airbnb via twitter @AirbnbHelp or call Airbnb on the following number United Kingdom: +44 203 318 1111 , United States (USA): +1-415-800-5959. Explain the situation.Ask Airbnb to open a case and demand a compensation from those guests. Good luck!!!

Thank you for your advice! I'm already feeling better that I can do something about it ! 

Thanke you I wish you a beautiful day!

When it comes to the review, @Mihaela9, even if they don't write theirs, yours for them will appear after 14 days. And I would wait with writing the review till the very last moment in your place.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

I really have 7 days before I can leave them a review! I've been thinking about what I could do in this case and what to write !? Do not have other hosts any such experience! There were other people I believe in the apartment because they left 5-6 glasses of unwashed wine and 4 bottles of empty wine including my champagne bottle!

And by the way she lost her driver's license on the stairs!

So you suggest me not write a review until the last day !?
 And until then what I have to do!?
 Use the button Report this user !?

Thank you so much Marzena for your help!

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Mihaela9

I would be very, very careful about mentioning that the guests stole the champagne when it was left in the apartment.  Never, ever leave anything in the apartment that you do not want your guests to use.  If you accuse them of stealing in your review, there is a high chance that it will be taken down.

Leave your review when you have calmed down and are able to leave a short and factual review to warn other hosts. Also give a thumbs down.  Your review will show after 14 days or the moment the guests leave their review.

Thank you for your interest in my unpleasant experience!

You are right when you say not to mention that he stole the bottle, because I really leave there to welcome my guests who have come to the New Year but have not consumed!

I'm mad at the fact that they made a big noise, wake up the neighbors who were thinking about calling the police!
 Although I mentioned in the house rules that my apartment is not allowed to party.
 I do not want the money on the champagne bottle!
 First of all, they could ask me if they could consume it.

Ok if a guest does not follow the house rules, what can do in this case !?

Can I leave them a bad review and this is all?

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Mihaela9

Yes - the review is all you can do. You can send a payment request through the resolution center for the champagne, but they will probably refuse to pay as it was in the apartment. And you are guaranteed a bad review.  If they think the champagne were for them, that could tip their review of you in the right direction.

Perhaps change your settings to only accept guests who have positive reviews from other hosts in an attempt to avoid future incidents.

Thank you for the advice! Unfortunately I had experiments with many guests who have 0 reviews 🙂

But I still learned something from you ... I did not know that I could change in settings to accommodate guests with positive reviews 🙂

Oh, I'm already starting to calm down because of you @Marit-Anne0@Marit Anne Thank you

I will take it as an experience to host on Airbnb 🙂 I really like what I do and thank them for having this opportunity to work with Airbnb.

By the way from when  we can see Super Guest!? 🙂

Have a good day!

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Mihaela9

Superguest - that must be the biggest of the white elephants 🙂 I wonder if I qualify ! The changes announced on Feb 22nd are rolled out gradually, when exactly what is happening would be anybody's guess.  It will definitely not be those with zero reviews. 

Being a host is a constant learning curve and being a new host is like being an apprentice in the hospitality business without a mentor.  Bad guests happen from time to time, they happen to think the rules are for everybody else. I suppose you know the type - they are everywhere, also among airbnb guests.