My guess needs to cancel a reservation. The reservation says awaiting for payment.

Santiago335
Level 2
Medellín, Colombia

My guess needs to cancel a reservation. The reservation says awaiting for payment.

My guess was trying to book my place for today. however, last minute he needs to cancel the reservation, because he has a sudden fly. For some reason the payment did not go through and it is awaiting for payment. Therefore, neither he or I can find a cancellation request option. What can we do to cancel the reservation?

2 Replies 2
Samuel538
Level 1
Clearwater, FL

Hi Santiago,

Have your guest attempt to call their bank to see if it's an initial banking error and if that doesn't work have them attempt to try a different card, Or retract the request.

If you look in your reservations under hosting you'll be able to see if it's an official confirmed reservation, If it's not you won't be able to cancel it as there isn't anything to cancel.

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Santiago335   Don't cancel this reservation yourself, airbnb will penalize you.  Have your guest contact them directly to cancel the reservation and deal with the payment/credit card issue.