My guest hacked the system and reduced their booking.

Dan25
Level 1
Beverly Hills, CA

My guest hacked the system and reduced their booking.

AFTER they checked in, WITHOUT telling me! This appears to be a hack job. What can I do? They shortened the booking from 3 to 1 days.

These were some young guys in their late teens. 

10 Replies 10

Hello @Dan25,

You will have the original itinenary, use it as a proof that the booking was for 3 days.

What did these guys say when you asked them about it? Did you ask them? Are they denying that the booking was for 3 days? Show them the itinenary.

If they deny, make use of the resolution center to solve this. Also please contact aribnb if you suspect hijack and report it to them.

Good luck,

Jeet

Helga0
Level 10
Quimper, France

@Dan25, I don't think they hacked the system. If you are on flexible policy, they just cancelled the rest of the stay. Change to moderate or stric. 

If you were on strict, they made a changing of the booking, what they can propose but you have to accept it. If you refuse, it's ot changed. Check your messages. If it's neither of these cases, call airbnb, number on the booking confirmation.

Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

It looks like some people are reporting that their Airbnb username/password is showing up in the WiFi area under Basics in their listing. If so, then your guest would have been e-mailed your Airbnb username and password, so it's possible that they could have gotten into the account and changed something.

Check the WiFi area under Basics. If there is a problem you may not be able to fix it (based on the reports of others) and will have to contact Airbnb to have them fix it from their side.

As @Ed-and-Hugh0,

we have been notified by other hosts on the french CC that their Airbnb username/password is showing up in the WiFi area under Basics (on FireFox) and sended to guests through the House Manual with the reservation. If you can see your personal airbnb datas there, delete them, go on your account and try to change your airbnb password. And contact Airbnb.

@Anonymous, that"s quite a bug. I never entered my wifi password there as I did not want to have that information so easily accessible. But that the airbnb login is copied there is incredible. 

@Dan25

Under Account, Security, you can change the password and activate the notifications of connexion. If they are active, you get a mail for every connexion from a new computer. Even from a new browser on your own computer. The connexions show also in the list and could serve as proof. 

@Helga0,

We missed you on the french CC, surely less hostile and more boring but you're welcome if you want to visit us from time to time 😉

@Anonymous, I just picked a fight here or dropped in a foolish conversation and helped a guy and scolded the entitled posts and all of that got me censored, Jessa censored, the busybodies encouraged - I don't think this community center is a place for me.

Re: Condo Board Sent me a notice to stop hostinghttps://community.airbnb.com/t5/General-Hosting/Cond 

And all that whilst peacefully writing two stories, one posted, one on ice and finishing accounting....

@Helga0,

I saw the post, that's why I'm not yet sleeping :-). Take care of you!

@Olivier, thank you! Not related, to be censored but you'll get the mail 😉
Shannon will com to France, she booked her flight. See anecdotes, end of March. If you can somehow make it to come to Paris, that would be great.