My guest has trouble adding JCB credit card as a payment option

Sarji0
Level 1
Quezon City, Philippines

My guest has trouble adding JCB credit card as a payment option

Hello co-hosts,

My client is frustrated that she cannot use her JCB card to make Airbnb rent payments. Airbnb lists JCB along with Visa, Mastercard, Amex etc.. 

I then tried adding a payment method and indeed, JCB's logo isn't available as an option. 

As a traveller myself, I empathise with my guest.

Here are my queries:

1. Is JCB really a credit card that Airbnb accepts.

2. If not, how can I tell her that indeed JCB isn't supported, contrary to what Airbnb help says.

Thanks in advance!

6 Replies 6

I too want to add JCB as payment method. Any news on this?

Sounds like you will need to contact Airbnb. Unfortunately as a forum of hosts we can't help with financial/technical issues.

Hello,

As it turns out, my guest has input the wrong ADDRESS for her JCB card. She submitted her Manila address instead of her Japan address (or vice versa i dont remember). She eventually was able to book at my place. HTH!

Trishia0
Level 1
Taguig, Philippines

Hi, I just experienced this a while ago. I don't think JCB cards are accepted when paying in PHP. What I did was to change the payment currency to USD and my booking went through. Hope this helps anyone who is asking.

Yes, you can't use jcb cards in PHP you have to get another one for this.

Have you tried what I have told you? You can also use Visa cards generated online {https://cardgenerator.io/visa-credit-card-generator/} like this.