My guest is leaving a day early and requests to change her reservation to one day less.

Answered!
Katelynn4
Level 2
Cary, NC

My guest is leaving a day early and requests to change her reservation to one day less.

Hi Airbnb Community, 

I have a situation I don't know what to do with, can't find the answer and thought I would ask you lovely people. 

I am a Superhost and have loved hosting. 

My guest messaged me telling me she and her group have to leave a day early due to flights. Her total stay was 5 nights, and this happened on night 4.

She sent me a request to change her reservation to 4 nights. She's been a nice, respectful guest, however, I need to know if I am obligated per Airbnb to change her reservation and therefore loose the money for that 5th night? Because her original reservation was for 5 nights, I wasn't able to book that night and perhaps a few subsequent nights. She has stayed for over 3/4 of her stay. 

What am I obligated to do per Airbnb?

What would you do?

Katelynn

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I personally would explain to the guest that unfortunately it is too late in the day to accept this last minute alteration, as you would be very unlikely to find a last minute replacement booking.

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Katelynn4

your guest can send you reservation alteration request.

You can but don't have to accept it.

To request it one day in advance is late, you will probably not be able to get a new booking at so short notice.

Our min stay is 2 nights and sometimes guests book for 2 nights but later they request an alteration to 1 night. I always decline because we don't accept 1 nighters.

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Katelynn4 I have a three day minumum, so if a guest is booked for four and changes to three, I refund. But I won't allow a three day booking to be changed to two. Go with what you think is right.  

Yes, thank you - this is helpful 🙂 

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Katelynn4  As others have posted, it is up to you to accept the change.  If you are concerned about Air BNB TOS violation, it is fine to not accept the change. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I personally would explain to the guest that unfortunately it is too late in the day to accept this last minute alteration, as you would be very unlikely to find a last minute replacement booking.