My guest is requesting to charge his reservation the day he is supposed to check in

Rhonda158
Level 1
Vancouver, WA

My guest is requesting to charge his reservation the day he is supposed to check in

My guest has asked me to not charge him for one night, because he is not checking in tonight like originally planned. Is there any way to change his reservation to reflect his check in date as tomorrow?

4 Replies 4
Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Hi @Rhonda158 🙂 I think it is a little rude of your guest (who booked and blocked the date so no one else could book your place) then last minute ask you not to charge him. I would tell the guest that when he booked he paid airbnb not you and that you are not paid until after he has checked-in. I would also tell him in a kind and polite way that when he books a place he blocks the calender so no one else can book.

Best, Sandra 

Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

About your question @Rhonda158 You can try and alter the booking so it is for today only - meaning he will only have to pay for 1 day. I know that he won't be able to check in today but as it is not possible to alter for same day when the booking has already begun you can make it look as if he stays today and then manually block tomorrow in your calender so no one can book tomorow. That way he will only have to pay for 1 day. You delete tomorrow from the booking. I hope it makes sense 🙂 

Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

@Rhonda158 you can also give back the guest  the amount of money you were suppose to earn excluding all the fees of course though the resolution center. You can find the link to send guest money in the reservation. But don't do it before after you are paid by airbnb.

@Sandra0, thank you. I'm a little worried as this is our first guest. I'm trying to be accommodating and do not want to risk a bad review. I also don't want to exchange cash. I suggested he rebook and change his checkout date, I think this should work and then took him he could just stay the extra night since he's not checking in today. That should work right?