My guest wants me to cancel her reservation because she used a voucher

My guest wants me to cancel her reservation because she used a voucher

She doesn't want to loose the voucher but if I cancel then I get penelized in so many ways. I can't reach any one at airbnb and neither can my guest 

1 Reply 1
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Celine25,

Presuming that perfectly willing to allow the reservation this is an issue for the guest to discuss with Airbnb. It's their problem.

You can helpfully suggest that they contact Airbnb customer services, but it is the policy that the voucher can't be reused after a guest cancellation.

As you're aware definitely don't cancel. Also, if you receive an email from Airbnb saying that the guest is requesting a cancellation, say no. Do not accept it. If you accept you'll be deemed to have cancelled. It's a sneaky ruse by Airbnb to get hosts to cancel.

In their confirmation message your guest should have received a number for Airbnb customer services.

They can Google "airbnb phone number".

They can go to this website, click on "Ask the community" and use the "Search the community" box to search for "contact airbnb".

One of the suggestions will be "Contact Airbnb: A Community Help Guide". Click on that to see a link "Contact Airbnb".

Steve.