My guest wants to avoid paying me through airbnb

Sandie0
Level 2
Saint-Constant, Canada

My guest wants to avoid paying me through airbnb

Hi,

My guest wants to pay me in cash rather than through Airbnb., f she stays another month. I told her, the fees are minimul and that I have integrity and appreciate the refferals I get from airbnb. I think something is fishy. I'm afraid she'll give me a bad review if i don't acept her offer. I'm also thinking she wants a cash payout from her parents and just relocate on the pretense she is stay her. What do i do> I explained I like having my listings on the site because the calendar ensure's I never overlap my bookings. 

I just don't think she has been forthcoming. 

Thank you 🙂

7 Replies 7
Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

You can flag/report her communications. Remember that if they pay outside the Airbnb system, then you're not covered or protected by any Airbnb policies.

Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Sandie0 to add to @Ed-and-Hugh0's points.  What if she doesn't pay? You won't have any recourse and Airbnb can't and won't help you. 

Just say no. End of discussion.  Don't worry about a negative review..If she leaves one you can contact Airbnb and explain that she wanted to pay cash.  By the way, your refusal to accept cash should be made by Airbnb's message thread so there is a record of it. 

Sandie0
Level 2
Saint-Constant, Canada

Thank you Clsire😊 Btw, I tried finding a message thread where do I locate it and will my guess be able to see it ? That's exactly what I wanted to be noted somewhere, so that there is a record of my guest, trying to offer me cash as opposed to using Airbnb services 😊

@Sandie0 How did this guest originally contact you?  Was in an inquiry?  (Sorry, I'm walking out the door and don't have time to review your original post).  If so, click on the inquiry message and respond accordingly.  

Sandie0
Level 2
Saint-Constant, Canada

@ Claire my guest is here right now. She booked her first month through Airbnb and her time ends on Monday the 14th . Originally she told me she was going to be here for a couple of months and was ready to book her second month. Since Tuesday she keeps questioning me about excepting a cash payment.

I finally did tell her yesterday she either books through Airbnb or Schultz have to find another place to stay. I told her it was best for both parties since there is an official agreement with a receipt that I can use on my income tax and Also use any extra expenses incurred during her stay ( omg...she ran water in the bathroom every morning of every day, for over 45 minutes besides her shower and then in the evening too for over 45 minutes while brushing her teeth !!!)

I've given her till Friday to let me know whether she excepts the Airbnb conditions or to find another place to stay
Sandie0
Level 2
Saint-Constant, Canada

@ Claire. Sorry for typos ! Using Siri and have loud dogs in the background lol

@Sandie0 You've done the right thing.  From what you say it sounds like this isn't a very good guest.  Maybe you'd be better off if she went someplace else?  But anyway, stick to your guns and remember that you don't have to give her any explanations for not wanting to skirt the Airbnb policies.  The conversation should end with "no".