My home is in a retirement (age 55+) community

Sarah54
Level 2
Raleigh, NC

My home is in a retirement (age 55+) community

My home is in a 55+ retirement community which requires that at least one person in the reservation be age 55 or older.  There hasn't been a problem getting acceptable reservations.  But if I accepted "instant bookings" I'd probably get a lot more reservations.  But then I'd have to cancel a few of them because the age situation wouldn't match and I find that Airbnb docks me when I cancel a booking.  If the new "rules" buttons included one that said "over age 55" - that would probably work for me.  Otherwise I find that people just don't read the whole listing to see our age requirement.  Any suggestions?

5 Replies 5
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Sarah54 I'm not aware of any check box for age requirements with or without Instant Book.  Since you need to vet prospective guests for age, I would suggest turning off Instant Book for the very reasons you stated.  Host cancellations are the kiss of death and you don't want to do them. 

Hi @Sarah54  : what did you end up doing for your 55+ resttiction? I have 2 Airbnbs with Instant Booking. I'm getting ready to add a 3rd, this one in a 55+ community. I see lots of properties in the area and their descriptions say at least 1 guest must be 55+. But how do they enforce that?  

Thanks!

Did you ever get the property in the 55+ older community, thinking about purchasing one myself. If so how is it going 

Wondering if there is a separate platform under Airbnb for 55 and over rentals.

@Shari195  No.