My host left a slanderous review

Ming7
Level 1
San Francisco, CA

My host left a slanderous review

My host wrote that I went out on her deck and left cigarettes. But I am not a smoker and didn't even go out on her deck since it was raining/snowing when we visited. She written a falsehood and has slandered me on her review of my stay and now future hosts will see her review and won't rent me their space because they think I smoke based on her erroneous review. I responded already that I do not smoke and I never went out on her deck. How can I get AirBnB to deleter her review?

11 Replies 11
Lesley38
Level 2
Queensland, Australia

Hello Ming,

I wouldn't worry too much about her review. I have read your other reviews which were excellent and as such, I would not have any concerns about hosting you at our place.

As a host, she sounds a bit pedantic and as a guest I would have reservations about staying at her place. Presumably you paid her a cleaning fee so wiping down a couple of tables should be ok.

Happy travels Lesley 

Lilian20
Level 10
Argelès-sur-Mer, France

Airbnb doe not delete reviews. 

Reviews are just personal point of views.

@Lilian20 , not correct:   Airbnb does delete reviews occasionally.

Yes, they do delete reviews on occasion.

But written slander is actually illegal, at least in the USA.  I don't think anybody should take it lightly.

My guess is that hosts are doing this because they know they can.

This should not be allowed,  and I'm a bit shocked that it is.

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Ming7

You left a pretty clear yet polite response to her review, so for me as a host that review wouldn't bear negatively on you.

So it's in sync with your other reviews. 

Melanie58
Level 10
Boise, ID

It's possible that the host accidentally posted the review on the wrong profile - I have seen a few people post about that in the past. It may be worth checking with Airbnb to verify that she did post it on your profile intentionally. 

Julie1106
Level 2
Chardon, OH

Sorry for what you are experiencing.  

I entered the apartment and was met with filthy and unhealthy conditions. I took photos, reported it and asked for my money back. I got my money back, but in the meantime, due to the popularity of the area I had to rush and book a room at a motel 20 minutes away in a different beach community. In the area we were supposed to stay in we were going to rent kayaks and lounge on the quite beach. We ended up in an over populated expensive area. The host left me a review saying that I probably lied about the whole thing so that I could stay in the more exciting environment. She is accusing me of having that motive for not staying in her filthy place. I didn't even leave awful feedback with descriptions since I didn't want to completely ruin her reputation. So now she's slandered me and called me a liar in public. She has no idea who I am and if she did she Would know that I didn't want to pay double to stay in a double the price room. Air bnb won't remove the slanderous review. Terrible experience.

I am sorry to hear about that situation. When you are using Airbnb in the future please describe when making a request what you just posted. If you would have left her a review it would have given you negotiating power.

Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Ming7

I wonder could it be possible, that someone stayed on the property after you left unbeknownst to the owner? did she have a staff or was she managing it herself? 

My cousin had a summer job in a very posh London hotel, where the night porter was allowing rich Arabs to use rooms for the purpose of prostitution without the management prior knowledge or consent, the night porter was making a fortune.

A host recently slandered me on the Airbnb site.

She also kicked me out early.  

I tried to get Urgent Support from Airbnb because there used to be Customer Support but I was ignored and ignored.

I already posted about this but I guess I ended up in the wrong Discussion Room.  Some people in there were not all that nice either.  I finally told them to leave me alone - seemed like they were just picking me apart.

I have used Airbnb to find where I have work and want to settle permanently (I'm trying out communities this way).

I live in the State of Colorado and this used to be my home, and it was a nice State.  I always had opportunity here, and I hoped I would again.

But i arrived just in time for Covid 19 lockdown.  And people have just been the worst to me.

So this lady in the Denver area discovered my religion and she wrote a nasty review.

After hearing from other people here, I see I'm not alone.

I guess the only problem with mine. is that it comes on top of a lot of other horrible abuse I've been getting in Colorado almost daily. 

I used to have faith in Airbnb.  It used to be  a bright point in my life during my travels and now I feel "on trial" from Airbnb.

Anybody else feel this way?  I am trying to find a lawyer, this was so upsetting to me.

Airbnb used to talk to you if you had  an issue.  Lately they just ignore me.  This has been very upsetting