My host said he didn't find the keys (we left in his house) and asked me for 120€ to make new keys.

Shuting1
Level 2
Manchester, United Kingdom

My host said he didn't find the keys (we left in his house) and asked me for 120€ to make new keys.

Hi. I left the house yesterday morning, my friend and I do remember we left the keys on the kitchen table and left the door unlocked (as he said on the instructions). The host said when the cleaning lady came to clean yesterday after we left, she couldn't find the keys. He usually doesn't work on Sunday, so the cleaning lady told him this morning and I receieved his reply one day after I left. He asked me to send the keys back, otherwise we need to pay 120€. I was wondering whether this is our responsibility to pay? What could I do? 

Thanks!

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Shuting1,

If this procedure with the keys is what the host instructs you, and you acted  accordingly, then you did your part of job. You can not control what is happening in the house after you left, so that's up the host to check. Leaving a door unlocked intentionallly is a risk, which risk is fully taken by the host, as he instructs you to do so. Are these instructions in the message system or house rules, so can be verified by Airbnb ?

best regards,

Emiel

Shuting1
Level 2
Manchester, United Kingdom

Hi, thanks for your reply!

The check-out instructions were printed as a paper which was shown on the kitchen table. They are not shown in the message system or online instructions. Could it be verfied by Airbnb? 

Best Regards,

Shuting