My listing appearing on another website

Gary2
Level 1
Kappl, Austria

My listing appearing on another website

Hi

An enquirer who appears to be genuine (has 2 reviews and been a member since 2013) has told me my apartment is listed on another website. The URL is hidden, of course.

Can Airbnb representatives check the validity of this claim, and help close it down?

We don't list anywhere else so can only assume this is a scam.

thank you,

Gary

4 Replies 4
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

Very doubtful Airbnb would help remove an ad from another website.  There's nothing in it for them.

You will need to do some research to find this duplicate ad and try to have it removed yourself.

City-Limits-Ranch0
Level 10
Watsonville, CA

Airbnb could contact the other user and get you the URL.  You could ask them to do that.  If you get a helpful rep, they might.

Keep in mind that the other user may be the scammer, trying to get you to click on a link that will enable them to hack your AirBnb account. 

Really, how will the false listing actually harm you?

True it may not harm me directly but someone may turn up at the door expecting to stay at my apartment one day!

That won't happen, @Gary2, because they will not have your address. Those mirror sites are out there - we are all on one I have seen in particular - but they cannot hurt a host. They can certainly hurt the people who get scammed, and that is reason enough to want them gone, but another will just pop up in its place - the same happens with IMDb and, really, any successful site.

So you can let Airbnb know and give them the URL, but in the meantime don't worry about poor scammed souls showing up at your door demanding a bed. 

Hope that helps a bit.