My listing appears as having no views, yet I know people have viewd. What is going on?

Answered!

My listing appears as having no views, yet I know people have viewd. What is going on?

My listing shows 0 views, yet I have received inquiries and questins, what is going on?  Also, I know people who have entered and viewed.

Why has my listing got no views!

What is happening?

1 Best Answer
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Maureen-and-Steve0@Denice0@Karen369@Rommel7@Sarah977@Cor3@TerryAndConnie0@Howard42@Caitlin75@Rebecca181@Robin4@John1975@Victoria567@Sabrina-And-John0@Keiron0@Leslie275

Thanks again for all the time you have spent highlighting this here. As you may have seen and as @Rachel0 and @Jessica-and-Henry0 have mentioned here, you graph should now be back up and showing your listing views. (Thanks so much Rachel and Jessica for sharing this is now working for you). 

I wanted to make sure you are updated and also to check this is working for you now. 

Thanks again,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

View Best Answer in original post

53 Replies 53
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Maureen-and-Steve0  I called AirBnB about this yesterday. They assured me it's an error and told me to lower my price to the suggested tip price and I would probably start getting more bookings. She said people are viewing it, but as the light bulbs states they are booking at cheaper places. I clicked on one to tell her the light bulb pricing is insane someone was not able to rent a place for $37 that sleeps 12 as the light bulb indicates because that was the difference between my price and the light bulbs price savings on the other place. I am finding that hard to believe as I have not gotten one inquiry and bookings have stopped that something has not change recently. Other months I have been in the 20-60 view range on the per day. Something strange started this month in September and I am almost inclined to believe it has to do with my pricing and AirBnB trying to force me to lower it after this call. She kept insisting I need to use the price tips to get bookings like the others in the area are. Hello, I explained I offer much more than those others do, so my costs and expenses are much higer. She tells me to cut back on my amenities and remove the expensive pots and pans, the highend small appliances, and offer less anemities in general. I explained that removing them would be ridiculous as they are all bought and paid for already. Then she says well then you are going to have to convince people you are worth the money with your photo's and also told me that no one reads the reviews when I pointed out they are mentioned in all my reviews. Biggest waste of an hour I have spent in a long time. Here's my views this month they have just nosedived from previous months as I stated that are in the 20-60 views per day.

Screenshot (194).png

Like John, mine also looks exactly like yours. It's as if AirBnB is trying to penalize hosts who offer high end ammenities and want a fair price. They're going to turn their business into Slum booking if they aren't carefull.

I think their "Someone booked this much lower per night" business is a hoax. I'm sorry, but a 1 bedroom is not a comparable for a 2 bedroom. When I do a search in my city and area to see what other TWO bedrooms (because that's what mine is) are going for, we are all comparable to each other. I'm a bit lower, but I'm just outside the downtown core. I can't believe it when it sets price tip to below $80 a night. I think 4 people for $100 a night with a full kitchen, high end coffee and tea, nice bedding and towels, etc etc is cheap. That's only $25 a person. You can't even get a hotel in my specific area for less then $170 and there's no kitchen. I refuse to reduce my rates, and if AirBnB is going to play this game, I'd rather stop hosting and get a full time tenant - no skin off my nose if I'm still pulling in money.

@Caitlin75 @Maureen-and-Steve0 @Letti (Letti, your name not offered as a tag...) So I just wrote a dedicated post about this today but no one has yet responded: I went to change my prices for a 3 day booking period and I could not save the prices. There was a new green 'Tip Pricing' button (a type I had never seen before) that was accompanied by text that seemed to be insisting I enter $83.00 a night (I get $115.00 a night for my beach studio easily).

So I clicked in just to see what would happen, and at $83.00 a night I was able to 'save' the price into my calendar for those 3 days. However, at $115.00 a night, I could only save one night at a time, not the 3 day period. So unless this was a 'glitch', then I agree that Airbnb is making it harder and harder for hosts to set their rate based on what they know the market will bear (for example, I am next to a resort and I charge one third what they do and I offer far more amenities and space, so even at $115.00 my place is a steal and I have been sold out since opening 17 months ago).

I guess the guillotine is descending downward and it is just a matter of time before 'disobedient' hosts are done away with. "Off with their heads!"

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Letti0

Well, if that's not the biggest load of promotional nonsense I have ever heard Letti...saying you need to lower your prices to combat a glitch in their system. These people seriously need a reality check. They are being fed so much Koolaid bull**bleep** from further up the line, they have lost all contact with the reality of what the hosting business actually is. Do they seriously think that forcing everyone to the bottom is going to help their business?

But, although my view chart is like your still showing zero views, I am still getting bookings and enquiries...

Views!.png

My booking rate has almost halved from 4.6% last month to 2.4% this month which indicates even more people are looking as compared to reservations....so what sort of nonsense was that CX feeding you Letti.....as you said, a completely wasted hour, and I hope you told her Letti!

Cheers......Rob.

John1975
Level 2
Lock Haven, PA

Funny, mine looks exactly like yours?

ditto

mine too
Victoria567
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

I’m really not interested in being hooked into air bnb race to the bottom.

I have stated my price and that’s it, period.

Guests can look at my listing and choose elsewhere......I’m really not interested in becoming a haven for cheapskates and couch surfers in this race to the bottom now instigated by air bnb......I’d rather stay at home and have a day off!

Cor3
Level 10
Langerak, South Holland, Netherlands

Hi All,

Don't worry, the stats haven't been updated for close to a week 😞

I suppose this is a global issue again.

2018-09-302018-09-30

Viewed in the last week.Viewed in the last week.

Despite the message on the page view screen (Max: delayed by 3 days).

The guy in charge of pressing the Update button, hasn't done his job again.

Or my listing must have been viewed over a 100 times yesterday 🙂

Sorry for the Dutch language in the Screenshots BTW, But I suppose you will understand the message.

Rachel0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Maureen-and-Steve0 Mine looks exactly the same - no updates since 25th September.  I think the person who was supposed to hit the Update button has been too busy rubbing out the black dots on the chart that used to indicate that a booking had been made.

Sabrina-And-John0
Level 4
Machynlleth, United Kingdom

Spot on (didn't mean that to be a pun), but that comment made me laugh!  I do miss the views in your area on the graph.

Keiron0
Level 1
Bedford, United Kingdom

Hi all, I have 3 listings on the same account and I am seeing the same issue. I was getting roughly 150 views per day across my listings but since the 25th they have all sunk to 0 views. I have still been receiving bookings and enquiries, so hopefully this is just a statistic reporting issue.

It would be great if Airbnb could acknowledge this issue.

Leslie275
Level 2
Portland, OR

I think it's a test run of new software. I have gotten two bookings with "no views" as well. Also, the "tip pricing" is absurdly low. I've seen my page go very near the bottom on search lists. My thoughts were since I had 100% occupancy rate the algorithm pushed me down the list to help cheaper less successful spaces. Fair enough but it's curious how Airbnb is creating a rush to the bottom with its successful hosts. Either it's a glitch in the reporting update or a test to see if this motivates hosts to lower rates while keeping Airbnb fees at a maximum during slow seasons. I'd be curious to see if the same issue was happening in warmer climates were tourism will increase during holiday time? Does anyone have listings in popular warm spots to check?