My listing disappeared!

Answered!
Eddie252
Level 1
Silverton, CO

My listing disappeared!

My listing is not showing up via search results.  And the custom link (airbnb.com/h/silverton) and direct link (https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/32936526) simply redirect to AirBnB's homepage rather than pulling up my listing.

This has been a problem for several *weeks* now.  I've contacted AirBnB multiple times, yet nothing is resolved.  They confirm that the listing is active, the calendar has availability, and everything looks good from their side.  And they say that they marked this as an urgent support ticket, but still the problem persists.

Has anyone else had this problem?  It's hard to get bookings when my listing can't be seen!  I'm very frustrated.

1 Best Answer
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Eddie252  Here's a tip you can try. I don't know whether you have been calling Airbnb, or messaging with them, but I never call, I message. If my issue is a technical one, I start the message with "TECHNICAL ISSUE. PLEASE DIRECT TO APPROPRIATE DEPT. Then I explain the issue, as simply as possible. I have found when I do this (once it was a Trust and Safety issue, so that's what I started the message with) the support person does pass it on to the correct team and I get a response from a person on that team quite quickly. I think the reps who answer the phone and the messages are happy to pass it on to the correct team, rather than trying to sort it out themselves, and then when they can't, and have wasted your time and theirs, they say they'll get someone to contact you, but that never happens. Better to direct it from the outset to the dept. that can deal with it, than to talk to some clueless 19 year old tasked with answering the phone.

That's all I can suggest. YMMV.

View Best Answer in original post

8 Replies 8
Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

hi @Eddie252 

Hope you are well. 

I can your listing on your airbnb profile but it redirects the user to the home page when clicked- this is most probably a bug. 

I strongly suggest to airbnb and ask their tech team to look into this- call, message or via twitter. 

Hosts cannot look into this as we obviously have no access to this. 

Good luck to you. 

Yadira 🙂

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Eddie252  Here's a tip you can try. I don't know whether you have been calling Airbnb, or messaging with them, but I never call, I message. If my issue is a technical one, I start the message with "TECHNICAL ISSUE. PLEASE DIRECT TO APPROPRIATE DEPT. Then I explain the issue, as simply as possible. I have found when I do this (once it was a Trust and Safety issue, so that's what I started the message with) the support person does pass it on to the correct team and I get a response from a person on that team quite quickly. I think the reps who answer the phone and the messages are happy to pass it on to the correct team, rather than trying to sort it out themselves, and then when they can't, and have wasted your time and theirs, they say they'll get someone to contact you, but that never happens. Better to direct it from the outset to the dept. that can deal with it, than to talk to some clueless 19 year old tasked with answering the phone.

That's all I can suggest. YMMV.

Brenda927
Level 2
Vancouver, Canada

I am having the exact same issue with my two listings.  The listings have disappeared just like Eddie252.  My listings are not showing up via search results or on the map. 

My listings are:  https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/14014285

https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/14524029

Both the direct link and custom links  simply redirect to AirBnB's homepage rather than pulling up my listings.

I have contacted airbnb several times.  The listings look good on their side.  I also followed the above advice  and sent an message that this is a "TECHNICAL ISSUE. PLEASE DIRECT TO APPROPRIATE DEPT"  

I always receive the same answer that a dedicated Support Ambassador will get back to me as soon as possible and that is a priority issue. But Airbnb not tell me what the time frame is. 

I am so frustrated.  

Does anyone have suggestions who I can contact to address my issue?

Sally752
Level 2
Belbroughton, United Kingdom

Good morning, I was really interested to read your post as I have had exactly the same experience- my listing has just disappeared! I have spoken to Airbnb customer support 3 times, but they just say I will be contacted by an Ambassador but it is nearly 2 weeks now and I have heard nothing! I feel very disappointed as I am a Superhost and feel this is dreadful support! I will try yet another email with your tip about the Technical Problem heading and see what happens but would also be very grateful for any other suggestions. Thanks Sally752

Umar258
Level 2
Dammam, Saudi Arabia

Same thing happened to our listing in France I dont know when, but just found out yesterday!!

Firstly, at least I know its not specific to us, thank goodness.  Secondly, I will update you if I recieve any replies as I think it's actually a bug as it tries to bring up the listing which then reverts to the home page. 

Jessica2477
Level 2
Cabarita Beach, Australia

Did anyone ever sort out their listing? Or did Airbnb ever come through with an answer? Same thing is happening to me at the moment. So frustrated 

Hi. I also found by chance that my listing doesn't show if guests add dates to the search. I contacted Support and got an "Airbnb Ambassador". I told her the problem, she said she could see it on HER side and can she help me with anything else?

I said it still does not appear if I look on MY side. 24 hours later and still the silence from this "Ambassador" is deafening.

Very disappointing support.

Britta606
Level 2
Rosarito, Mexico

Ugh.....same here. It's going on for 4 months now. I am a superhost as well. All summer no inquiries, nothing. Called several times, same answers like you guys received. I am ready to write a snail mail letter to San Francisco. Soooo frustrated!!!!