My listing isn't showing up in the search

Sandra417
Level 1
Berlin, Germany

My listing isn't showing up in the search

Hello,

I've listed an apartment and it doesn't show up on the map when looking for it. Anyone got an idea how to solve this problem? When I check my listings it appears on the screen indicated as 'listed'. I don't understand... Any advice would be appreciated!

Torvid

1 Reply 1
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Sandra417

A recent post from Monika may help...

It's very frustrating for hosts (especially new hosts) to not be able to find their own listing when searcing for it.

Normally tech people and community hosts just search for the listing and assure the host that it is there, write it up to a tech glitch or something similar.

I just finally figured out yesterday why I cannot find my listings.

Ask yourself 2 questions:

1. When you search for your listing, are you logged in?

My guess is that you are NOT logged in (otherwise your property would come up very first) so you pretty much just "anyone" searching your area.

2. Do you have the Instant Book option set up for your listing WITH the "highly recommended by other hosts" option?'

If you DO, when you searched without signing up to Airbnb (meaning you could be anyone just running a quick search) and use the IB filter (since you think you have IB set up anyway) the Airbnb system CANNOT verify you as a good guest so it WILL NOT show you your listing.

Hope this makes sense. Basically, anyone NOT signed in or signed in but have NO recommendation from other hosts (like a brand new Airbnb guest) would NOT see your listing if they use IB filter.

When other hosts or tech experts are checking on your listing, I'm positive that they are always signed in. They will be able to find your listing as Airbnb can evaluate them.

When I worked on this problem yesterday with another host I had to specifically ask him to sign out so you'd see what I was talking about.

Kind of difficult to explain but if you try the steps you'll see what I'm refering to.

I really wish someone would have figure this out and would have saved me hours of searching and trying to figure out why my listing isn't showing up.