My listing isnt showing up in search

Fran39
Level 2
Denver, CO

My listing isnt showing up in search

Hi there! 

Every once in a while our listing doesn't show up at all when you look it up.  Our calendar is up to date & shows as available so I'm not sure why it's happening.  

Appreciate any help 😞 

Thanks,

Fran

22 Replies 22

Hi Monika,

I search for any date frame, from 1 week to just a general search.  I'm confused... 

Thanks,
Fran

@Fran39 You need to search on at least 2 night in your dates (since that's your minimum setting). For example, April 27-29, 2 nights. If you run a search for only April 27 your listing will not show up as your min requirement is 2 nights stay.

I had done that & it didn't work.  I've received a few inquiries about my place the last few days so some people can see the listing.  Guess I don't know how this whole thing works... 

@Fran39if you want people to see your answer use the @ option otherwise noone will get back to you, I just only saw your answer because it came up on the top.

Let me do another search on your listing!

@Fran39 The only way I could see your listing is when I played around with the map. When I searched on your city there were 37 listings with the map Airbnb offered. Once I zoomed out all the listings came up, yours being the 2nd actually. I think we've been all looking at it so many times within the past few days it really boosted your search rank 🙂

Not sure if you can find it this way?

@Monika64 - my address won't come up on the map. Airbnb does't recognize the address, so I wonder if that's the problem.  I wonder if it would let me enter the town w/out the street address.  Google maps doesn't recognize it either.  I can use a central place in town so it pulls up on the map. 

Also, I've had a few inquiries the last few days, to which I responded to within the hour, but no bookings. I provide more info than what the people even ask for & they thank me for the quick response & info., but no bookings 😞   I've noticed a lot of viewings as well.  Of course, it could be us, LOL 🙂  

When people inquire, should I always select pre-approve?  Does this help my ranking or hurt it if I say decline for whatever reason?

@Fran39 Yeah, the address is probably the issue. When people are searching for your town it'll not automatically show up. Try to play around with it, put it in without the street, lets see if it'd show up better. You can always give the aproximate location right away (no house numbr tough, you don't wanna give our your locations BEFORE someone books).

Answering within the hour helps for sure. You don't have to pre-aproove right away if you are not comfortable witht the guest but you HAVE to make a decision within 24 hours. Not "declining" or "pre-aprooving" will definitely hurts.

As for to decline right away: I've heard mixed opinions. Some experts say if you decline a few booking requests (not booking inquiries) in a row the search alghoritm thinks you don't wanna host and puts you lower. Some people say it doesn't matter. I'm still not sure myself. I'd definitely dicline guests that you DON'T wanna host, don't preassure yourself. When in doubt, ask more questions.

@Monika64

Looks like i can't change the address unless I create a new account... 😞   Guess I'll have to re-do everything when I have some extra time on my hands...