My listing was showing up on the "Entire place" search

Moe0
Level 2
Boston, MA

My listing was showing up on the "Entire place" search

Hi There,
I have a major issue now. One of the inquires brought this to my attention that one of my listing "Luxurious Bedroom with Private bath - Harvard\MITwas appearing on the "Entire home" search. I went to the discription and found it listed as room, I changed some stuff back and forth to let the description to be saved again and looks like it's solved. The issue now that I have recieved 3 bookings before solving it so I sent them a clarification just in case they thought it is an entire place (Title of the listing is very clear that it's a room, also the price of it). Two of them have responded so far that yes they thought that this is an entire place and asking to cancel the reservation. The good thing that all these bookings are for September not soon ones. Can you assist please

Best,
Moe

2 Replies 2
Mala0
Level 7
Torquay, United Kingdom

Hi Moe,

They were taking their chances, probably totally knowing it was for one room!.

Anyway let them cancel as it was clearly noted it was for one room.

Tell them to cancel and you can write to airbnb via the reservation booking on issues with this booking/refund etc and state they should not be charged airbnb cost or any costs relating to your personal cancellation policy i.e flexy, moderate, strict as the listing erroneously came up as entire place, despite the clear wording. 

It would not be fair for either you or them to be charged. 

Sure others may tell you a better way to make sure no one gets charged.

It happens 

Mala

Thanks Mala, one of them already canceled his reservation, although the second is asking me to cancel it from my side.