My money has been taken!

Amberley0
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

My money has been taken!

I tried to book an AirBnB in Paris on the 10th of March, the app told me there was an error and didn't book. When I checked my bank account I can see that £142 has been taken from my account. I called and was on hold for an hour before I spoke to somebody who told me that the money would be back to me within 24hrs. When it didn't come back to me I called again 48hrs later and spoke to somebody who then hung up on me. I then DM'd the support account on Twitter and was told that the money would be back to me within 7 days. 20 days later and I have not received my money back and have just been told that the team are "working on it". I did speak to a nice gentlemen yesterday who said he would try to sort the situation out for me and call me back. I did receive a call back but I missed the call, I called back and spoke to somebody who wouldn't put me back through to the man I previously spoke to. Overall the help team have just been useless and I'm so angry and frustrated as my money has showed no sign of coming back into my account!

2 Replies 2
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Amberley0

Hi - your easiest route to sort out unauthorised transactions on your bank account or on your credit card is to contact them and ask them to reverse the charge, while they investigate. Saves you a lot of stress and hassle trying to get a refund from any company.

Ying3
Level 1
Glasgow, United Kingdom

I had the exact same depressing situation too. Have you got any luck to get the refund? I'm so dissappointed at Airbnb.