My new listing isn't appearing in search

Simon200
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

My new listing isn't appearing in search

Hi guys,

My new listing has been live for almost a week and I cannot find it through search.  I have tried looking through the app, using another computer, my wife has tried on her phone as have others.  I have even adjusted the listing settings so that the listing quality bar is maxed out, this includes switching on smart pricing, lowering the price and turning on instant book.  

I'm at a lost to be honest, even zooming onto my village I still see nothing other than the one or two listings.  Any help/guidance will be most appreciated!

24 Replies 24

Same here Jeff

Amélie-Dea0
Level 1
Copenhagen, Denmark

I have the exact same problem. Ive tried searching using dates I know my listing is availabe and it's not showing up, using filters and no result... 

Please airbnb help us. 

I know why. I have been with Airbnb for 3 years and just recently I thought i'll try and search my  listing on airbnb. I couldn't find it under Kandy, central province Sri Lanka. Why? because I am listed under Doluwa Central Province Sri Lanka.

Who knows Doluwa, No one,  except me, as i live there. Doluwa is in the outskirts of Kandy  Everyone who visits Sri Lanka knows Kandy but not Doluwa which is only 35mnts from the centre of Kandy. So no one sees me when they are searching in Kandy, Sri Lanka.

I went through my recent bookings and I found nearly all of them came through word of mouth or recommendations of my past guests. and not through my listing advertised on airbnb as I am not listed under Kandy.

AIRBNB PLEASE GO BACK TO THE OLD SYSTEM OF ADVERTISING LISTINGS UNDER CITIES OR TOWNS WHICH ARE BETTER KNOWN AND NOT THROUGH LOCATION INDICATORS THAT GUESTS  SEARCHING IN A FOREGN COUNTRY WILL NOT KNOW ABOUT.

I finall found my listing using the location indicator, only because I knew where I was located. It had my listings price tag. which i clicked and found it was my listing!

I am really upset as I was in the first 5 listings right at the beginning of Kandy. Now I am not listed in Kandy.

So now I am looking at other booking agencies to advertise my property as my bookings have gone down as a result of low visibility on airbnb

Emelene0
Level 2
Reykjavík, Iceland

Im having the same problem, when i was starting my AIRBNB i recieved 6 bookings for few days. a month after i never recieve any booking. i tried to search my listing i couldnt find it. 😞

please help.

Hello,

I am having the same challenges. I had put a listing for Ottawa Canada search with even the name we gave the property "Grace on Gilmour' and couldn't find it from any other computers except for the ones my co-host and I are using in our 'host' mode. I am really upset too. It seemed we were visible at the onset because we had some inquiries but have become 'invisible'. Then, yesterday I also edited some pricing and descriptions as things have evolved since my first day and those changes don't seem to be reflected on the listing that i FINALLY FOUND FROM A FRIEND'S COMPUTER IN AN OPEN aIRBNB ACCOUNT AFTER HE CLICKED ON THE MAP WHERE THE PROPERTY SHOULD BE LISTED. It finally showed up but didn't reflect the editing I had done over 24 hours ago! No one would be able to search even by the name we gave our hosting house!

I am looking for solutions also and as a new Airbnb host find this very distressing..

All help welcome and appreciated!

Marion

Wendy231
Level 2
San Luis Obispo, CA

Same problem here in SLO, CA. So very frustrating since of course AirBNB has no one to answer questions.  I wonder if they are this bad when it comes to paying what is owed after hosting!  Gratefully, I am not all that eager to host but I have put a lot of time and energy into this so it is really annoying to not be able to contact the organization.  Creeps!!!!!

Lisa642
Level 1
Palmetto, GA

I am new to Airbnb this week and can NOT find my listing when searched.  Please help with finding the solution.  Any help woupld be appreciated.  I am desperate!  Seems many are having the same problem!

lisa I just posted mine home yesterday and cannot find it when searching the site. Maybe we should post on VRBO instead. Seems like many people are having the same issue. it is prime summer months and we are missing out!

Claude94
Level 1
Worthing, United Kingdom

Hi,

I listed our home on the Airbnb site on the 20/7/17. It showed up initially when searched for it but has since disappeared and I cannot find it anywher. 

Has Airbnb responded to anyone's concerns on this website?

Please help.

Thanks,

Claude

Claude, 

I get emails from others like us but no other response.