My pet fee is never added when people book with a pet!

Clemmie2
Level 2
Gloucester, United Kingdom

My pet fee is never added when people book with a pet!

Is anyone else having this issue? Both my listings definitely have a fee set for guests bringing dogs, but AirBNB never adds it on, which is so frustrating and embarrassing when i have to ask guests for this fee.

5 Replies 5
Kate867
Level 10
Canterbury, United Kingdom

@Clemmie2  I suspect it is not Airbnb forgetting to add it on, but the guests.  Never be embarrassed to ask, just mention politely that they seem to have accidentally omitted to add the ‘pet’ to theirs booking and please can they either amend it or send the fee via the resolution centre.  Your other options, if you feel really uncomfortable is to either just let it go, or to increase your nightly rates slightly based on the average of how many guests bring pets, nights rented out etc and then let people know pets stay free.

Amanda660
Level 10
Auchenblae, United Kingdom

This very think happened  to me about an hour ago.

You  nay find if you click on the booking that they may not actually have added dogs onto the booking.

Yesterday I was tinkering with my settings in an effort to fill some gaps over the summer.  I decided to swap my previous £10 per dog per night for £20 per dog per stay thinking it would be easier.

Booking comes in today for two couples for three nights.  No pets booked but in her message she mentions bringing two well-behaved dogs. I thanked her for her booking and asked her to go to her trip and amend the booking by adding the two dogs.  She couldn’t work out how to so I added them for her but noticed that instead of what I thought was £20 per dog per stay it only calculated £20 for the two dogs in total.  In real terms this means my usual £60 (£10 per dog per night x 2 dogs x 3 nights) dropped to £20 minus fees. 

I may go back to my old set up of charging them per dog per night via the Resolution Centre.  

M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@Clemmie2 

Just a thought from my experience.  I initially didn't set up a dog fee.  I did so earlier this year.  However, a lot of this years guests are bringing pets, but because they booked before I set up the pet fee, I could ask them to pay, but won't.  Their contract didn't include the fee, so I'm just living with it.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Clemmie2 

Your listings show a GBP 20,- is added to the reservation costs when guest selects 1 or more pets in the booking form.  So it is not Airbnb's failure,but the failure of the guests not adding the pets.

Clemmie2
Level 2
Gloucester, United Kingdom

Thank you so much everyone - that's so helpful! I think it's the guests not adding the dogs!