My phone and email info is hidden?

Sara96
Level 1
Indio, CA

My phone and email info is hidden?

Hello,

Can someone help me figure out how to take the hidden option off or whatever is wrong with it?  The person I am trying to give my number to can't see it and it shows as hidden?  Weird never had this problem or changed anything.

Thanks,

Sara Figueroa

6 Replies 6
Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

@Sara96 This is normal. Phone numbers, e-mail addresses, and web sites are hidden by the system to prevent people from trying to scam guests (or hosts) by attempting to book outside the system. If someone is trying to get you to communicate outside the system, flag the message and report them to Airbnb.

@Ed-and-Hugh0 I'm a new to Airbnb as well but not new to renting my cottage.  I have a few PDFs to send guests before they arrive (map to the home, basic home info, etc...) and always have sent them via email.  Obviously, having trouble with that with my Airbnb guests.  Do you know if there is any functionality built in to the UI so that they can receive attachments?

Thanks

Steven

@Steven29 I haven't tried it myself, but others have reported success with sending directly to the e-mail relay address that's shown for the guest on their reservation using your own e-mail system.

Thanks!   Will give that a shot.

well I am trying to direct a potential guest to a different cottage, I even took the number that shows up in the address bar and tried to send them that and everything is blocked, even the name of the cottage!!!  this is crazy....it is still within Airbnb!!!!!

Sara96
Level 1
Indio, CA