My property isn't showing up as Instant Bookable in Search

Angie59
Level 1
Malvern, AR

My property isn't showing up as Instant Bookable in Search

Today I decided to search online for my property like a guest would do, on a computer I don't normally use so no cookies were in effect.  I searched for a weekend I know I have open and looked to see how many Instant Bookable properties were in my area, only to not be able to find mine at all!  Finally after playing around with filters I did find my property and it shows as not being Instant Bookable, even though it should be.  I went back to my regular computer, logged into my owner dashoard, and sure enough on my end it shows I have Instant Booking turned on.  Has anyone had this happen and if so how did you fix it?  I think I will try turning it off and then on again.  Thanks!

4 Replies 4
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Angie59,

You have instant book selected. Do you also have additional requirements like "government ID" or "recommendation from other hosts" set?

Were you logged in when you searched on the other computer?

If you have those requirements set then you must be logged in when searching and your own profile must satisfy the requirements. Otherwise you'll not be shown instant book listings that have those requirements.

If you are not signed in when searching then Airbnb can't determine what requirements you satisfy and won't show you listings that have those ID or recommendations requirements.

If you are signed in but you yourself don't satisfy the requirement of having provided ID or having recommendations form other hosts then you also won't be shown instant book listings that have those requirements.

This is detailed in the response that @CarlandDiane0 got from Airbnb.

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Hosts/Instant-Book-is-on-but-doesn-t-appear-as-such-in-searches/m-p/...

Steve.

Steve,

Thanks for the thorough explanation!  That makes sense now that you mention it!  I received an instant booking this afternoon so obviously it's working (though my little ringing sound didn't go off on my APP, I love that sound). I do require government ID so I bet that is why it wasn't showing up.  Thanks for clearing that up for me.  Angie

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Angie59

We had the same problem - turned it on and double checked it, set the requirements (eg verified etc) but when we searched it was showing as not turned on. Contacted AirBnB who sent us screen shots to show it was turned on when they searched. 

My 'amateur' view is that there is a problem with replication between AirBnB servers. So changes made in one location do not feed through (or are slow to feed through) to other servers. Just a guess...

Eventually after about one week our place was showing as IB enabled...

Hollie6
Level 10
Page, AZ

I'm also having a problem with my most popular property not showing up for certain dates, even though it is available. I wondered why my bookings had dropped so I did a search as a traveler and it only shows up for certain dates. This is incredibly disappointing as it has cost me and y housekeeper a lot of money.