My rights!!

My rights!!

Hello. 

I wanna ask as it’s my first time using Airbnb to book a place so I don’t know my rights or how to act in situations!

Anyhow I have booked an expensive studio for 28 days in Seoul cause my sister will be having a surgery so we needed to stay for almost a month. Anyhow After my sister had her surgery and everything was good suddenly the AC got broken and we sill had around 10 nights in the studio the host told us it will be fixed in matter of 4 days max now it’s been more than a week staying with no ac and it’s super hot in Seoul And the studio is super small and the building itself is hot! The host was kind and got us fan but still it’s hot and I really get sweaty while sleeping and my sister also can’t sleep and it’s not good to have the sutures wet! Anyhow I wanna ask in this condition what’s my rights? I asked for a small AC he said he can’t provide it! Please help as only few days left and I’ll leave. What would you do if you were in my place? Thanks 

2 Replies 2

@Rania-Sara0 the host needs to fix the AC.

Contact Airbnb and tell Airbnb that the host promised to fix the AC in 4 days but did not (and it has been over a week).

Tell Airbnb that due to the heat you cannot live in the place without AC. Tell them your sister is trying to recover and the place is unlivable without AC.

They should try to help you find somewhere else to stay, or to tell the host they must fix the AC now.

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Rania-Sara0  Go to AirbnbHelp on Twitter immediately explain to them as you have here in a direct message the time kine and events. If you have messages regarding the timeframe of repairs not in the AirBnB messaging system take screen shots of those and add with your message sent on twitter. They usually respond quickly this is a health issue especially for your sister make that very clear in your message to them. I actually believe this falls under extinuating circumstances due to your sisters sutures getting wet which can lead to a massive infection.