NEED HELP

Brianna159
Level 2
Youngstown, OH

NEED HELP

I had a customer book a room. Long term 29 nights. He then tells me that he planned on bringing his girlfriend and dogs. We both agreed that he could not stay here.

The problem is that the long-term cancellation policy applies and will not refund him the entire amount. We try to do an alteration request however it still will not refund him the money. Is there anything that I can do? 

3 Replies 3
M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@Brianna159 

I understand your quandry, however, both you and the guest both have a legally binding contract when the booking was confirmed.  Maybe call Airbnb.

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Brianna159 Step one, the guest needs to actually cancel, and quit holding your calendar hostage with his 'mistake'. I'm not super familiar with the fine details of the long term policy, as I don't take long term bookings, but just as with any other cancellation, you should be given the opportunity to authorize a full refund when you get confirmation of the cancellation. 

https://www.airbnb.ca/help/article/1361/how-do-changes-and-cancellations-work-for-longterm-reservati...

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

well, theoretically, he can stay there but his girlfriend and the dog no. So, it is not your fault he didn't ask and didn't book for her and the dog. He can stay without them or cancel and be refunded according to your/long-term policy.

But if you want to refund him you certainly can. He should contact Airbnb and cancel and then, after his reservation is canceled, Airbnb will / can call you and ask you if you are willing to refund and how much. Please don't refund him 100% so he learns a lesson about reading before booking. Keep something for yourself and your time and after all, for the period your calendar was closed