NEVER BOOK WITH TURNKEY, AND BUYER BEWARE!!!

Todd441
Level 1
Concord, CA

NEVER BOOK WITH TURNKEY, AND BUYER BEWARE!!!

When we had to change plans due to illness, I asked TurnKey if we could re-schedule on a different date. They told me I could only re-schedule in the same month, and the only dates available then were 3 weekdays instead of a weekend. I repeatedly said that I don’t want a refund, I just want a reasonable date to reschedule our weekend. But they would only quote their policy and refused to budge. So yes, we did not book with trip insurance, and I will never make that mistake again, but they were completely unreasonable with their policy, and it would not have affected them in any way to allow me to re-book on another date. But they are heartless, soulless robots who hide behind their rules, and they will treat you just the same if you ever have a situation to dispute. There are plenty of other rental websites & agencies to choose from, who truly value their customers, so please take my advice and book your next vacation with any other company.

2 Replies 2
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Todd441  Personally, I would never rent anyplace that was managed by a property management company. Hands-on hosts actually care about their properties and their guests and I would book with one who had  a history of good reviews.

These big property management companies don't care and get a lot of bad reviews.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

A difficult one I don't like large scale property management companies. @Todd441 

But actually their offer was reasonable in the circumstances. They didn't have to offer you alternative dates at all when sadly you had to cancel your booking because of illness. 

Your cancellation would normally be in line with the cancellation policy you booked under.

As you say that's what travel insurance is for.