NEW BLOCK FUNCTION is alive and working!

Momi0
Level 10
Honolulu, HI

NEW BLOCK FUNCTION is alive and working!

Attention Hosts,

There is a current thread going in another room about "blocking" guests.  Well I have good news.   Yesterday, I received a request from an actual Airbnb host that I didn't want to host.  He decides to send me less then desirable comments in return on the message thread. I chose to click on RED link under his name marked "REPORT".    This Box below (see photo) is what popped up next.  This is even better then what was mentioned in the previous thread.  

So for all those hosts (including Cindy last night) who have sent me private messages asking me how they can stop a host or a guests from booking, or sending harassing or negative messages, here is the answer.  Just click on REPORT, choose an option as to why, (which includes "Other", and then click on box. Yes, Block Now.   And you will never have to get another message from that person and they won't be able to book your place either.  Thank you Airbnb for listening to Host Voices and Feedback surveys like the ones I fill out all the time .  🙂

IMG_9348.JPG

A box pulls up and the photo attached is what I saw next...GREAT NEWS!IMG_9348.JPG

If you feel that me or another host have helped you, feel free to click on the "thumbs up" button at the end of any post. Thank you so much.

Aloha, Momi

Great way to contact Airbnb or via Twitter at AirbnbHelp / Facebook

41 Replies 41
Kate157
Level 10
SF, CA

@Momi0 Thanks for bringing this to our attention! I think this is a nice improvement on Airbnb's part.

@Kate157  You are most welcome.  I am excited to know how soon will you be using it? HAHAHAHA

If you feel that me or another host have helped you, feel free to click on the "thumbs up" button at the end of any post. Thank you so much.

Aloha, Momi

FINALLY!!!! A change that is actually something hosts have been asking for!!!!!!

Karen-and-Brian0
Level 10
Bragg Creek, Canada

Woohoo!!

Oomesh-Kumarsingh0
Level 10
Pamplemousses, Mauritius

@Momi0 Wow a new button to block people who are asking thousands of questions without actually booking, well done Airbnb!!!

@Oomesh-Kumarsingh0  Is this a good time for me to take a bow for announcing it to everyone?  HAHAHAHA  I do aim to please.....lol

Aloha, Momi

@Momi0 Yes it is definitely a good time for announcing such a good news especially during the summer holidays in the northern hemisphere where demands grows very first on Airbnb. You do please me a lot!!! : )

@Oomesh-Kumarsingh0  I  literally laughed OUT LOUD after receiving your public comment  to my original post!  Thank you for that.  Its very much appreciated and its good to know that I please you alot....you can please me in return by making a monetary donation to help fund my next ABB trip to Fiji.  LOL!!!!!!   Let me know if you need my bank routing number.......

Aloha, Momi

@Momi0 It is so nice to hear that i can please you too : ). I am ready to help fund the monetary donation only if I am going to the Fiji with you LOL. I can give you another option that can also please you which is come to Mauritius island!!! Happy hosting

@Oomesh-Kumarsingh0   Sounds wonderful.....my husband says to make sure you know there are TWO people you will need to please. LOL!!!   You can start by making STRONG yummy tropical drinks on that island.  haha. Oh, and we love couples massages.  lol

EDITED TO ADD:  Your place looks AMAZING!  Love your photos and one pic actually gave me a great idea.  I love the pillow head board at the top of your bed.  Its beautiful and unique. The blue kitchen is awesome.  I think I will paint my kitchen blue now.  haha

I promise if you ever make it to Hawaii OR the Airbnb Open, my Hospitality Suite (aka my Airbnb reservation place) will be opened to you to come enjoy my Momi's Marvelous Mango Margaritas from my Mango tree....I just cut up 200 mangos to put into the freezer and will find a way to bring them with me to the next ABB Open, whereever that might be next.  Who knows.   Bummer that it doesnt' seem to be happening this year.  Are you planning on going in 2018? 

Aloha, Momi

@Momi0 The pleasing offer is only for you!!! I can make a nice rum cocktail that you will never forget and get you the best Mauritian massage with warm coconut oil : ). * That offer is only for you beautiful Hawaiian girl. 

Thank you for the compliment about my apartment.  You always have a wonderful property that I wish I could stay in one day. Thanks for the invitation. 

In 2018 I don't think I will go abroad as I am quite busy with work. Take care and thank you for being so kind to ask. : )

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Momi0

Wow wow wow wow wow wow wow!!!!!

now I know what those mysterious thunderous sounds  I heard yesterday were -

the cheers from hosts everywhere whose prayers and curses had been answered!!!!

Thanks Momie!

@Andrea9   Who is MOMIE? hahahaha.......its funny how my name is has been written 3 different ways just today....Momy, Mommie, and now Momie from you.  (by guests and hosts)

But yes, I, Momi, made sure that hosts around the world had a BETTER reason to pop the cold bubbly champagne instead of drinking to forget a bad guests.   HAHAHAHAHA....oops did I just that!?!?  

Hey Andrea, should i post this in another room too?  I am wondering if this room is the best place to announce this new feature or should I post it in the HOSTING room too?

Ask me how many times I used the BLOCK feature today?  Didnt' want a certain person being able to use Instant Booking.....you know what I mean right?  LOL x 10000

Hope my message finds you doing well.  So bummed about the Airbnb Open huh?  

Aloha, Momi

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Momi0   Huge apologies Momi, that all happened before my first sip of coffee!!!!!

(At least I didn't typo to Mommy... )

My keyboard also has this strange thing that while I'm quickly typing and by mistake my little right-hand finger seems to hardly noticably touch the little up arrow and I'm suddenly lost in the text typing somewhere else, causing strange typos.. very irritating.

Yes, do post this anywhere and everywhere! 

This feature makes me almost want a situation where I can block somebody!!!! though on the other hand I'm glad I don't...

Airbnb Open - uhhhh, that they  blew it off?? I wouldn\t have been able to go anyway, so it doesn't affect me, but I understand your disappointment.

Cheers Momi,

Andrea