NSW AUstralia STRA provisions effective from 30th July 2021

Answered!
Wendy117
Level 10
Bexley, Australia

NSW AUstralia STRA provisions effective from 30th July 2021

The NSW Government has announced that the new statewide Short Term Rental Accommodation (STRA) planning policy  will come into effect on 30 July 2021, providing industry participants time to familiarise themselves with the new policy before it takes effect. 

This includes registration of listings and minimum fire safety standards. I am assuming, like other countries, we will not be able to list on Airbnb without a registration number after this time.

I am not sure if the requirement for interconnected smoke alarms is only for non-hosted STRA or for hosted as well - have sent an enquiry.

I am hoping that this will not involve inspections from local Councils - which traditionally could open up a myriad of other cans of worms.  

It was only a matter of time.

Sorry, I did put a link to the announcement but Airbnb have removed it as invalid html

1 Best Answer
Anna10505
Level 3
New South Wales, Australia

Hi @Wendy117 sure it is in the Code of Conduct page 12 which hosts must also comply with 

Information for guests

A host must give guests the contact details of:

1. (a)  the host or the host’s authorised representative

2. (b)  an emergency electrical service provider

3. (c)  an emergency plumbing service provider

4. (d)  Australian emergency services.

https://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0012/925788/Code-of-Conduct-for-the-Short-...

In the emergency pack provided by short term rental solutions there is reference to contact the host and to only call plumber/electrician in the case of an emergency as well as local contact numbers for chemist after hours GP etc. I thought that was fair. We felt that providing more information was the better way to go as it is hard to predict every situation that may arise for guests during their stay. Hope that helps.

View Best Answer in original post

32 Replies 32
Geoff-And-Dianne0
Level 1
Moss Vale, Australia

Hi all, I'm fairly new to AirBnb.

I have a STRA number received from the NSW State Govt & it's shown on my home page.

However, I keep getting e-mails from AirBnb stating they'll cancel all my future bookings unless I add the STRA number to my listing "within hours". It's there for all to see!

Who can I seek out , as I'm not sure if it's just a generic e-mail

Thanks

Geoff

Clare458
Level 1
Lake Tabourie, Australia

Hey, 

Can anyone direct me where i can upload my STRA number on air BNB site. I can't find upload location, thanks in advance , cheers clare