NYC Landlords who APPROVE of Airbnb Host Tenants

Chris1949
Level 1
New York, NY

NYC Landlords who APPROVE of Airbnb Host Tenants

Looking for a network resource of some kind to help connect potential Airbnb Hosts with apartment rentals in buildings owned by Landlords who approve of Airbnb in their building(s). 

6 Replies 6

There is such a liability for the landlord that I believe you are going to have a very short list, if any.

It's like asking someone you know slightly if they'll loan you their car, so you can work for Uber. If you have to work on your own, because there are no such agencies, you might check your short term rental department to find out if local laws restrict the amount of money a host can earn, as sometimes they are not allowed to earn more than they pay the landlord, or they could face eviction. I've heard that some people strike a deal in which they pay the landlord a decent percentage of the rate to encourage their permission.

Thank you for your constructive feedback. Take care. Much appreciated.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I agree, I am a landlord and like many have restrictions in my lease against STRs.

What was your thinking @Chris1949 in terms of how this would work in a city that has severe restrictions around whole listings being used for STRs?

Thank you for chiming in. Have a great summer. Take care. Thanks again.

Michael2710
Level 2
New York, NY

Chirs - sorry these folks don't know what they are talking about. I don't think this is the right place to get your question answered. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Thats’s rather rude @Michael2710 .

As you say we ‘don’t know what we are talking about’.

Why don’t you post links to the resources the OP is asking for and prove us all wrong?