Need HELP resolving issue with AIRBNB Trust & Safety Department !

Andrey30
Level 1
New York, NY

Need HELP resolving issue with AIRBNB Trust & Safety Department !

Deer AirBnB comunity,

After hosting a guest for 2 monts in my NYC Appartment i found my place Vandalized ! After speeking on the phone with AirBnB representitive they advise me not to call the Police . They stated that there trust and safty department will handle all the ishues ! i reported the accident on September 6 now is 3 months later and every time i call is the same answer :

We are forwarding your request to Trust & Safty department as urgent and they will contact you ASAP ! This is never ending circle that i need advice how to brake ? 3 months later there is no Superviser assighned to my case ! And they asure me again that will forward as Urgent and no Time Frame !

Please advice how to procide ?

Thank you 

Andrey

8 Replies 8
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I can't imagine for what reason Airbnb would have told you NOT to report this. Very odd.

A broken glass here or there  or stained sheets I could understand not reporting but major vandalism is another matter.

Have you already supplied the information they have asked such as receipts/photos's/video? Invoices for repairs?

Anyway I can only suggest that you contact them on FB and Twitter and ask for their help.

Yes i have provide pictures recipts and everything they ask but no resolution !

Same problem, I think we need to find out how to get hold of their higher management.  Trust and Safety is a joke!! Sure not very professional or helpful!

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Well definitely a Police matter.

Try contacting them on Twitter, not sure what else to say.

David
Monica4
Level 10
Ormstown, Canada

@Andrey30  Call the police. You need a police report and plenty of photos. If possible, film the police as they walk through. Airbnb doesn't want you to call the police because of possible publicity, but if you don't they might refute any claims you make and then you won't have a leg to stand on.

@Monica4

This happened 3 months ago.

David
Violet7
Level 3
Beverly Hills, CA

I have the same problem with Airbnb Trust & Safety.  Particularly with a person named PRINCE.  My problem is the guest lied, had an orgy on our property, booked 16 people added 10 more, then had 122 without our permission or knowledge. Basically destroyed our property!  We submitted ALL the info to Trust and Safety 1 hr. 15 mins. before the deadline, for $9,500 along with the HOST GURANTEE forms, and their employee PRINCE, closed the file, said we were too late in our submission.  What the heck!!!! He also thinks he is God!  Airbnb is a good company and they need to get rid of people like that, gives them a bad name!  They need to either get rid of their Worthless Trust & Safety Dept. and let their caring supervisors handle problems or get better trained help!  13 months later, I'm STILL fighting!  This is just NOT right!  Any suggestions??  Besides taking Airbnb and the guest to court!?

Serge127
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

The company is, unfortunately, becoming a joke. 

Trust and safety department. what a farce. I'm lost for word