Need an urgent advice

Tamara-and-Goykoh0
Level 2
Belgrade, Serbia

Need an urgent advice

Dear partner, I don't feel comfortable with the guest who made instant book this evening for tomorrow and I need urgent advice. Please refer to our conversation. Kind regards, Tamara
5 Replies 5
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Tamara-and-Goykoh0,

You will need to contact Airbnb if it is within 24 hours of check in and if it is more than 24 hours, cancel on the guest but ensure you choose "I’m uncomfortable with the guest’s behavior".  You do get 3 opportunities to do this.

For Instant Book hosts only

Hosts who use Instant Book may be able to cancel up to 3 times, penalty-free, if they have concerns about a guest’s behavior. Calendar inaccuracy, confusion about pricing or availability, and extenuating circumstances are not covered by this policy.

If you're an Instant Book host and have concerns about a guest's behavior:

1. Go to Your Reservations and find the reservation you need to cancel
  2. Click Change or Cancel
  3. Select “I’m uncomfortable with the guest’s behavior”
  4. Provide a reason for the cancellation

Once you complete these steps, the host cancellation penalties for this reservation will be waived, and we’ll help your guest find another place to stay for their trip.

If it's within 24 hours of check-in, contact us instead.

Note: Instant Book cancellation can be used a maximum of 3 times per year. This exception only applies to Instant Book reservations, and can't be used for any other cancellation reason.

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Dear Dave & Deb,

Thank you for your kind response. I tried to contact AirBnB support. I sent them an email, but nobody's answering, and I'm not sure if I'd loose my Superhost status if I cancel this instant book. My guest avoids to answer to my kind and usual questions to tell more about him, about purpose of his visit as well as about his frequent accommodation switches in my city.

It's so hard to be nice host these days, not to speak of being superhost...

Kindest regards to you,

Tamara

Hi @Tamara-and-Goykoh0,

Check out this Help Guide for contacting Airbnb:https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Tips-Tricks/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M728

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Kyra3
Level 1
Raleigh, NC

I need to return the money of all previous guests. I cannot have any tax documents that show I made any income. It would all have to all be returned to my long-term disability company anyway.

How to deactivate instant booking