Need help cancelling a booking related to Covid 19 but booked just past the July 31st policy

Jody136
Level 1
Vancouver, Canada

Need help cancelling a booking related to Covid 19 but booked just past the July 31st policy

Hi,  we have a booking from France, his airline flights have been canceled, and he wants to cancel the booking.  I am looking to see if Air BnB can confirm whether they will extend the Covid 19 extenuating circumstances policy past July 31st for bookings made before March 14th. (This booking was made in January).

Please let me know if there is a timeline or proposed extension to this policy coming forward that I can communicate.

Thanks

1 Reply 1
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Jody136  I can't see Airbnb giving some firm date for extensions- they've just been playing it as it comes. It's the guest's situation that is driving the cancellation, so it's the guest who should just go ahead and cancel and cite COVID19.  It sounds like you are amenable to a full refund, so if the cancellation doesn't result in that, you always have the option to reimburse the guest through the resolution center. But wait til you get paid first. 

The sooner the guest cancels, the sooner your calendar opens up and you'll have a chance to rebook the dates.