Need refund from Air BnB

Answered!
William1337
Level 2
Quinte West, Canada

Need refund from Air BnB

I had a reservation for St Petersburg Russia for September of 2022 which was cancelled by Air BnB .    They sent me a credit for the the $850.20 on April 1st.   I called and ask to be refunded my money and was given a ticket number and someone would get back to me.  No one has. I would like to be refunded as I have no intention of booking with Air BnB again..    can anyone help me  Natalie**  

**[Personal details removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

1 Best Answer
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi there @William1337, have you heard back from the team by now? if not, please let me know and I will pass this on to them again. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7
Annie1372
Level 10
Montreal, Canada

@William1337 

The best advice I can give you is to contact AirBNB every day for that issue with your ticket number.

and keep a detailed  log of every call or chat and email communication.

and ensure you full up with patience before contacting them

good luck

Annie
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi there @William1337, have you heard back from the team by now? if not, please let me know and I will pass this on to them again. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Air BNB has replied but is offering only a travel voucher and refuses a cash refund .   We do not wish a travel voucher but want a refund. The ticket number is **  for receipt.

can you help?

**[Personal details removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

Received another response that said as a credit voucher was chosen it cannot be changed.    We were not asked what we wanted we were sent this credit voucher. I have no idea what they are doing but will be very reluctant to recommend or use AirBnB again

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@William1337,

First, look up Canadian consumer law regarding merchant travel cancellations.  If it states that consumers are entitled to a refund to the original form of payment, you can inform Airbnb of this, or you can just contact your credit card company to process a charge back.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@William1337 I would start preparing a small claims court case as allowed by the terms and conditions. If Airbnb cancelled the reservation I can't see any reason why they think they can keep the money especially as it has not been sent to the host.

Amanda2031
Level 1
Colorado Springs, CO

I am feeling so helpless and do not know what to do. Air bnb cancelled my reservation NOT ME and I am out $600!!!! I am been working on this for MONTHS. I filed a complaint, filed a resolution request, email, called and nothing. I never cancelled my reservation, air bnb did and now I am the one getting punished. I might have to go to small court claims. Does anyone have any suggestions?