New Cancelations

Jillian115
Level 10
Jamestown, CA

New Cancelations

A new cancellation policy is in place that makes it so the only was a guest can cancel without penalty is to state that they're "Uncomfortable with the host" If not the guest is responsible for the service charge. They are then advised to reach out to the host to cancel. Then we receive a notification that It will negatively affect our rating. I have my account set up to cancel without penalty. This new policy very disturbing to me. I get that airbnb is suffering. The WSJ recently stated that Airbnb  have lost 100's of Millions but this is not the way to go.  They will lose both guest and hosts if this continues. 

2 Replies 2
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Jillian115 

What do you mean by "I have my account set up to cancel without penalty"?You can cancel instant bookings up to three times a year without penalty if you feel uncomfortable about the guest or believe they will break your house rules but, apart from that, there's no way to cancel without penalty that I'm aware of.

I just mean I don’t charge guests a cancellation fee. But the new systems setting tell guest that they should ask the host to cancel and they should no cancel themselves. Airbnb charges guests to cancel unless they choose the option “Uncomfortable with the host” I don’t want to use my three cancelations on an Airbnb system error. I have screen shots in another post.