New Feature? Cleaning Fees for Short Stays

Suzan3
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

New Feature? Cleaning Fees for Short Stays

Hello All,

I heard that we were going to be able to charge different cleaning fees for shorter stays.  I cannot find how to do this anywhere.  Maybe it is not yet implemented and is supposedly coming at some later date?  Does anyone know how or if we can do this?

Thanks! 

7 Replies 7
Dawn554
Level 2
Wenatchee, WA

I have the same question

M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@Suzan3, @Dawn554 

Try removing any old cleaning fee under your listing pricing section.  Then you should be able to set it up again.  I had no issues setting it up last week.

Dawn554
Level 2
Wenatchee, WA

Thank you for the kind suggestion; unfortunately it didn't work, although I tried deleting and resetting a few times. It still shows just the one option, as in this screenshot.Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 18.25.22.png

Did not work for me either.  I wonder if it is location specific as I see M199 is in Canada.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

To be honest I don't see the point of having different a cleaning fee for short stays.  Some guests leave more mess after a 1-night stay than others who stayed for a month.

And, btw, the "cleaning fee" is not just for cleaning. It is in fact a "turnover fee" and it is used to cover the effort and time spent for each turnover, no matter how long the reservation lasts.

Maybe Airbnb realized this is useless before it is even implemented and abandoned the idea 🙂

M199 had success in Canada.  And I think the option will be wonderful.  Don't think it will be forced on anyone.  

Dawn554
Level 2
Wenatchee, WA

Thank you, I see the logic of turnover expenses and that even a one-night guest can leave a mess. But a one-week cleaning is much more thorough, with every corner dusted and cleaned, and every blanket washed. And for a one-month stay, I clean every week.

It may be that the short-stay cleaning fee feature is most useful to hosts like me who have a humble room available for a low price. In this case, a one-size-fits-all cleaning fee becomes, percentage-wise, prohibitive for someone staying just one night. I would still like the opportunity to try it.