New Feature - Preview What Guests Pay

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

New Feature - Preview What Guests Pay

A new feature just popped up on my dashboard a few minutes ago under the Availability and Pricing tab, Preview What Guests Pay.  I remember a while back in previous conversations that @Anonymous and @Jessica-and-Henry0 said that they would like to see what guests are paying.  So, it seems that Airbnb has listened to your request.  Hopefully, they won't muck it up like they did with the pet fee.  The details for my listings may be different than most of yours, because Airbnb switched my account to host only fee.

Debra300_0-1639181051289.png

Debra300_0-1639181587613.png

@Ann72 , @Sarah977 , @Laura2592 , @Huma0 , @Inna22 , @Colleen253 , @Branka-and-Silvia0 , @Emilia42 , @Lawrene0 , @Lisa723 

4 Replies 4
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Debra300 

I didn't know about this but I am not sure if it's entirely new. I mean, it is a new feature, but there used to be a way to see the total a guest paid by clicking on their booking in your calendar. There was a tool to do that in the past but I haven't used it for a while so maybe Airbnb got rid of it.

I also vaguely remember being able to see the total in the booking confirmation email.

So, I am a bit wary. If Airbnb keep introducing ways to see the total but then taking those means away, is there much point? How long will this feature stick around?

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Huma0,

Since my account is now host only fee and there are no accommodation taxes yet in St. Lucia, and only sales tax applies to the long-term stays in Atlanta, I already know what the guest's total cost and my payout will be without looking at the details.  However, for hosts who still have the split fee set up and a local taxes, it may be intriguing to them to see how much of the guest's total cost is actually the room rate.

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Thanks, @Debra300 . Like @Huma0 , I've had this feature for awhile, or something like it. I know while I was rescheduling/cancelling guests over the many lockdowns of the pandemic, I had access, via the right panel of the inbox, to exactly what they had paid so I could walk them through whatever they decided to do. 

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Lawrene0 

Yes, there is a section to the right of the message, where you can click to see a breakdown. Right now mine looks a bit weird though, with the text overlapping so you can't read it properly.

I've also noticed that, when you click to see details of the guests, e.g. when there are two named guests on a booking, it just goes blank.

So, that right section clearly has a few glitches at the moment.