New Host in Kolkata

Answered!
Tulika1
Level 2
Kolkata, India

New Host in Kolkata

Hello,

Could anyone help me to figure out what are the legal permission required to start hosting in Kolkata for Indian and foreigner? I unlisted my space as was not sure if I am allowed to start hosing or not.

Please help.

1 Best Answer
Gurneet0
Level 10
Sahibzada Ajit Singh Nagar, India

Hi,

@Tulika1 

Tulika, the legal status of your listing should be the same as is applicable for people offering home stays in Kolkata.

Its a state and city subject request search your Municiplty site for clarifications...

Hope it helps..

Happy Hosting to You...

Regards

View Best Answer in original post

15 Replies 15
Gurneet0
Level 10

Hi,

@Tulika1 

Tulika, the legal status of your listing should be the same as is applicable for people offering home stays in Kolkata.

Its a state and city subject request search your Municiplty site for clarifications...

Hope it helps..

Happy Hosting to You...

Regards

pls be specific @Gurneet0 , I have the same question as you @Tulika1 , i will get any answer i will let you know . You do the same please.

Gurneet0
Level 10

Hi @Avik3 This is still a gray area.

Though it is covered under GST.

Secondly for hosting foreigners one needs to register with FRRO.

But for registering as a Homestay the state rules apply and all states do not have clear rules till now.

All those who are registered there are visible on GOI site.

But then this does not truly form part of that also depending on what all are is being hired out.

So yes lots of gray areas.

Would be glad in case u could educate us also

Thanks & Regards

Saptorshi0
Level 2
Kolkata, India

Hello,

I'm an experienced host entrepreneur working with Airbnb (Kolkata) since the last two years on the same platform. During this I've been rewarded as a Superhost (a status given to the particular hosts for their out of the box hosting style) for consecutively 7 times in a row. I look forward to the 8th reward. Also, if you go through my profile and my listed properties, you'll see that I've been reviewed by my guests with a rating of 5 out of 5 stars EVERY SINGLE TIME. Let me know If you want my assistance with hosting your extra space and become a co-host for the same. Look forward to work with you.

Best,

Saptorshi

https://www.airbnb.com/co-hosting/profile/66166614?user_id=66166614&s=50

Hi Saptorshi,

Great to know about your wonderful work with airbnb.

I want to list my 2 Bedroom  apartment which is located close to Kolkata airport with modern amenties. However, since the property is within a gated community, need your advise how to make this model work for me. 

kind regards,

Swarup

Hi Saptorshi,

Need to discuss about my flat ,which i want to be listed.Please mail me

**[E-mail address removed due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

with your number.Will discuss further

Hi @Saptorshi0 

Even I need to discuss the same. I want to convert my flat into an AirBnb. Request you to provide some assistance. You can reach me

or insta: onirvishesh.

Best Regards,

Anirban

U please do mail me on

,with your number.will look forward to some hosting of my property.

Hi Saptarshi

Was planning to convert my new flat into an Airbnb. Wanted to know the steps and would need assistance for the same. Request you to please share your contact number on

Hi @Saptorshi0 

is it possible to know which are the apartments in Kolkata whose associations allow Airbnb operations. I am keen to start air bnb operations in kolkata and would like to buy a flat in an apartment complex that already has airbnb operations.

rgds

Aditya

8296537612 please ping me @Aditya96 

Amit5
Level 2
Kolkata, IN

In India, foreigner guests' particulars will need to be shared with Ministry of Home by downloading Form 21 (?) from Govt of India site, which AIRBNB has very helpfully provided on its Hosting/Rules page. For Indian guests, it will be enough to keep a photocopy of AADHAR card, but that's not mandatory.

Soma4
Level 1
Kolkata, IN

So each time a guest from abroad confirms we have to fill it out?