New Host

JinYuan0
Level 2
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada

New Host

Hi Everybody! My name is Joe and I'm 23. I have just recently just made my first listing on Airbnb. I'm fairly new to this platform and I need expert advice on how to get my first few bookings and review. How long do hosts usually wait until their first booking and what to do during check-in? I really appreciate some honest feedback! 

Here is my listing:https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/24427747?s=51

Much appreciated! 

-Joe

5 Replies 5

@JinYuan0

https://www.airhosta.com/blog/tips-smooth-airbnb-check-in-process/

You could find other blog posts on the subject. 

"How long do hosts usually wait until their first booking"...  depends on how your listing  compares with your local competition..and how much local competition there is.

If you do not have any reviews, so you really need to " sell" yourself and your property with the photos,description,amenities, location etc and have your profile fully verified in order to get guest confidence in a new host.

If you have a great offer ( I have not looked ) and the demand for guests is there..it should not be too long

Good luck

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@JinYuan0 Joe - Howdy Niagara neighbour!

Our area is in demand, so at this time of the year, I would expect a booking fairly quickly. Your pictures look really nice. My only feedback there would be, why is the outlet mall your cover photo? It tells me nothing about your listing. Your house is really nice both outside an in: why not choose a picture that represents your actual listing?

As for all the other questions, I would spend some time here on the forum: there is a ton of information here about the practicalities, and also the many highs and lows of being a host. It's also a good place to ask your specific questions about the process.

Welcome and good luck in your hosting journey!

JinYuan0
Level 2
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada

Thank you so much for your great suggestion and complements you made for my house. As I saw your reply, I feel more confident to do Airbnb as full time. 

@JinYuan0Joe - no problem. I would also suggest visiting the Hosting forum: we're a great bunch over there, and lots to learn. 

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/bd-p/listing-and-reservations

Hi! You have an amazing place! It is very beautiful and vast. I'm sure future guests will love it, recommend it to others and come back again.

You are in Canada and your area is very popular among locals and international tourists, so expect to have a lot of bookings every month.

I am new to hosting and I started to put up my property for rent in December 2017. I had a few inquiries but I only got my first guests in February. I was excited and anxious about it at the same time because I wanted everything to be perfect. They were my first guests so I better not make mistakes.

I was very grateful that one family trusted me and my place that they actually booked and they loved my place! I got a wonderful review and soon I received more bookings and inquiries. I guess things would be different if my first review was not very good, I mean first impression lasts. I worked hard for a good review and so I got it.

Everyone is different. There are good guests and bad guests. Ratings and reviews are subjective, sometimes you give them the best experience and people will still not appreciate it or find something to complain about. It's the reality that I am slowly managing to accept as a new host and it is something beyond my control. But no worries, you have a very lovely place. People will love it and you will soon get a lot of bookings. 😉