New Lister, Cancelation policy option not showing

Tavi0
Level 2
Oakland, CA

New Lister, Cancelation policy option not showing

I just listed my place for the first time. I want to set the cancelation policy to moderate. Looked this up on the FAQ, and it says the following: 

To view or change your cancellation policy, go to Your Listings > Manage Listing and Calendar > Terms. The Terms section only appears as an option after you complete the required steps and list your space.

I've set up my listing entirely and already had requests but the "terms" option is just not there! I dont' want to book anyone until after I've set the cancelation policy, but I can't figure out how to do that. 😕  Help?

10 Replies 10
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

Looks like you got it resolved. I see a Flexible cancellation policy on both your listings.   🙂

Not resolved- sorry. It automatically goes to Flexible. I want it at Moderate. Thanks for looking into it though. Any more info would be appreciated.

Have you entered checkin and checkout times?

Nope- didn't see that as an option. Just tried to figure it out, and even researched it on the FAQ, and google, and I got nothing. I don't see where I can input that info. 😕  This is incredibly frustrating. The listing set up is not at all intuitive. They really should to take some tips from other sites like OK Cupid.  When you press "edit listing" it should visually stay the same, and allow you to go in and edit things the way you see them as a guest. Why do we have to navigate from one page to another with super vaguely labled tabs?  Very frustrating. 

Yes, I agree with you about navigation on Airbnb...they don't make things easy!! But just to be clear, on your dashboard you selected Manage Listing then Manage Listing/Calendar > Pricing, listing details, then scroll down to Terms.  You should see boxes for Check in and Check out and underneath Cancellation Policy.  Mine shows fine and I can't understand how yours would be different.  Hmmm

thank you for trying to take the time to walk me thorugh this Clare. Sadly, I can not follow those steps. I wonder if my screen shows something different than other people's.  Here's what I can do:

In the upper right corner there are 2 tabs- "host" "message" "help" and "tavi"

Under "host", the second one down is "manage listing"

This takes me to a page that has NO SIGN of "manage listing/calendar" I have not seen this anywhere on the site just like that. What it does have is  my 2 listings on the right (one is for a room and one if for the whole house), and on the left it says :

Your Listings
Your Reservations
View multi-calendar
Reservation Requirements
Add New Listings

If I CLICK on one of my listings, then it shows me a preview of my listing.  From there, I can click "Edit Listing" and it takes me to my calendar. In the upper left hand of the screen it shows a tab labled "Pricing, Listing details..." which is the closest I've come to what your talking about... but when I click on that, this is the list of options I get:

Booking
Calendar
Pricing
Listing
Basics
Description
Photos
Home Safety

And that's it.  No Terms.

That's really odd.  My Terms is below Home Safety under Guest Resources which has Detailed Description, Guidebook and then Terms. 

What device are you using?  Are you on an  app?  If so, I would switch to a laptop, preferaby on Chrome and see if that makes a difference.  If that doesn't work, I'm afraid I've exhausted all my knowledge  😞  You might contact @Airbnbhelp on twitter and they will direct you to an expert.  Please let me know what the answer is as now I'm really curious about what is going on!

OHHHH!!! Thank you for working this out with me. When you said it was BELOW Home Saftey, I realized I had to srole down in a little invisible window! That's all that appears on the screen for me, but there were more options hiding.  Really poor lay out, but we figured it out!  Thanks again!

YAY!!! It was really bugging me! Now you're on your way...Happy Hosting!

Thanks Clare! Your an angel! 🙂