New Regulations that could put me out of business, make us move.

Deanne11
Level 2
Concord, CA

New Regulations that could put me out of business, make us move.

Washoe county is working on new STR regulations.  I am worried that I may have to move and give up living here bc I need the income from the STR to pay for the property.   I only rent a couple rooms and a bath on the first floor so it cannot be a long term rental without a kitchen.  

I would like the local STR owners to join together and to create a program paid for by fines and licensing that has a 24/7 complaint line.  Fines would be issued by the county that, if unpaid, would be added to the taxes ..

Has anyone found a better way to control the irresponsible STR owners when it comes to noise, parking and trash issues?  Any help would be appreciated.

1 Reply 1

I see that your post is dated June 1, 2021.  Washoe County has ALREADY developed and implemented regulations.  They have been accepting STR permit applications since May 1 (you're not the only one late getting started; I began a week ago).  I suggest you go to the county STR web page (I couldn't paste it here, but it comes up if you Google "Washoe County STR website") ASAP because you cannot legally advertise or rent beginning August 1 without a permit, and there are a number of new requirements (occupancy limits, smoke/carbon monoxide detectors, fire extinguishers, local responsible party, educational materials, etc.).