New deed filed

New deed filed

Good morning.   I need help.    I hope someone in this trusting community will recognize my/our frustration and be able to direct me in the proper direction.

Attorney fees are rising so I'm giving this a shot.   

A property which has been listed on Airbnb for a few years WAS in 3 names. 

Person 1 is incapicated, Person 2 is the Court appointed Guardian of the Estate for person 1, person 3 claims to be the propery manager for the listing and has the account with Airbnb.    The Guardian of the Estate asked Airbnb for the listing to be removed since person 1 wasn't receiving a portion of the income.

Airbnb wouldn't remove it.    It was brought to court.   The  judge ordered that the property be soley deeded in one name, person 1.  

The new deed is filed as such.    The court also appointed an attorney for person 1.  This attorney was to  be in charge of managing the property, renting the property and receiving the income of the property for person 1.

After several attempts by this attorney, Airbnb will not take a listing down, even with the documents, which are trusted proof.

Person 1 clearly owns the property.

Person 3 refuses to take down the listing, continues to rent and collect the income.   How can this listing be removed? 

2 Replies 2
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Not sure what steps have been taken with respect to contacting Air BNB, @Jane466, and by no means should my comments be in lieu of an attorney, but Air BNB Terms require that whoever is the administrative host the listing must have clear permission to list on Air BNB.  If the administrative host is renting the property and there are no restrictions to short term rentals or sub letting, that is where the issue resides.  In that case whoever is the administrator of the property should review the rental contract.

Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Listing and actually hosting are two different things, @Jane466. WHO's got the keys to the property? One booking that doesn't have coverage in making the property available for the booker should be enough to alert Airbnb.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"