New host questions

Patricia51
Level 1
Lewes, United Kingdom

New host questions

I need an answer to a couple of questions as it is my first booking.  For example, someone has booked without gaining my approval.  I wasn't prepared as my message said it would not be live for booking til tomorrow.  And I cannot see how to say I do not want extra guests.

I have tried calling the airbnb number but it just says it doesn't recognise my telephone number - which is correct!

1 Reply 1
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Patricia51 I just looked at your listing and you don't have Instant Book turned on so I can't see how someone has booked without your accepting the reservation.  Are you sure it wasn't an inquiry instead of a booking request?   If the former, all you need to do is answer their questions.  If they are asking for more people, then message them back with your answer.  There is no commitment by either party. 

Should you decide that these would be good guests, you can send them a Pre-approval which then can accept or ignore. 

Airbnb encourages guests to contact multiple hosts to check on availabilty, price, special circumstances, etc.  

Look at your calendar to see if the dates are blocked off.  This will tell you whether it was a confirmed reservation or not.