New listing Discount

Daniel1435
Level 2
Mooresville, NC

New listing Discount

I just posted my first listing last week, and I used the suggested 20% off for the first three guests that book. The first booking was fine and the discount was applied, but the second booking the discount didn't apply, and the person sent a message about it. 

I can still see that the discount should get applied when I look on the calendar. Is there a way to fix this or make sure that it gets applied to the second and third booking?

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Daniel1435 ,

i simulated some bookings and all of them provide 20% special discount, but check-in date must be before 18 july. The discount is not mentioned in the listing, but shows up when making a reservation. How did your second guest know about the discount ? Did he make a reservation starting after  17 july ?

That said, you can allways manually provide the discount by changing a confirmed reservation or sent a special offer if there is no booking yet.

Best regards, Emiel

I am not sure how the guest knew about the discount unless they saw it on their end, or they just know from also being a host and seeing that the listing was new. The other thing that I saw is the discount is listed as the first 3 guests, not reservations, and my first reservation has 4 guests. I am not sure how it is supposed to be applied since this is my first AirBnB hosting. Their booking is before July, its in the beginning of June.

What is the best way to manually apply the discount? 

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Discount is applied to first 3 reservations, nothing to do with the amount of guest in each reservation.

As i mentioned above, if i simulate a booking, i get the discount. You can see it yourself also on your listing: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/24497330

To change a confirmed reservation:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/50/i-m-a-host--how-do-i-make-a-change-to-a-confirmed-reservation

Please note you charge a cleaning fee and (Vermont) Occupancy Taxes are applied too by Airbnb.

Best regards, Emiel