New listing, how to confirm

New listing, how to confirm

Hello.  I have just had my first reservation request. I received an email saying " new booking confirmed".  This is great! however, when I click on the link to "send a message" to my guest, nothing happens.  Please advise so I can be in touch with my first guest ASAP!  Thank you!

2 Replies 2
Lois-and-Darryl0
Level 10
Rochester, WA

@David-And-Heather0:  Congrats on  your first listing!  As you know, this is a Help forum for Hosts, so we can't actually make things happen for you, just share our experiences and what knowledge each of us may have.  It does sound like you should contact Airbnb to see why your listing, and the links, don't seem to be responsive.  As an alternative to sending a message because the link doesn't seem to work, you can also send an email with Airbnb's email address, using your own email provider.  Or, if the booking is confirmed, then you can now see your Guest's phone number, and they're full name.  If they have text messaging available, you can send a text and tell them you've got a little hiccup with sending a more detailed message via the Airbnb platform and that you are working on it with Airbnb, and you will be contacting her/him shortly once that's resolved.  So, there are other options while you wait to get assistance from Airbnb.  Good Luck!  Lois

Hi Lois, thank you so much for your assistance.  It seems that the links have started working, but I took your advice and got in touch with the guest.  I really appreciate the help, thanks again! -heather