New listing- no bookings, no view

Alex893
Level 10
Chicago, IL

New listing- no bookings, no view

Hi everyone, I know Airbnb boosts new listings however I have no bookings and no views. It cannot be listing itself as so far no one even looked at it. I have seven views, which is me looking from my friend's phones to find myself and I am nowhere to be found. I have had friends heart the property, I make little tweaks daily, instant book is on. I called Airbnb they had nothing to say. The price is lower than what it was before, when someone else had this property listed (they could not get city registration). Any suggestions?

8 Replies 8
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

That's a big place, probably not a lot of people are looking for a place that sleeps 16, especially at this time of year. You could try setting a lower price for up to 4 people, with an extra person charge after that.

Alex893
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Lisa723 I have done searching from my friend's phones 7 times looking for dates I know I am open, for a group of 12 or 14 and also zoomed into my precise location. I just do not come up in search

Hm, I just searched Chicago, IL homes, Nov. 5-9, 12 guests, and your listing appeared at the top of the list.

Alex893
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Lisa723Interesting! Maybe you were my good luck and hopefully this will continue! 

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Alex893  These are the large group booking times in Chicago I can think of off the top of my head. You need to adjust your pricing for these days now. My son and daughter are already looking for places for 12-16 people for next years Lollapalooza figuring they'll get a deal booking so early like they did this year. Poor AirBnB owner had no idea Lollapalooza was during the time my son booked about 8 months out. 

September 27th - September 30th Chicago Expo

September 28th - September 30th Oktoberfest Chicago

Halloween Weekend and Halloween

Thanksgiving Week

Christmas Week

New Years Eve Week

February 9th - 18th Auto Show

March 17th St. Patricks Day

Easter Week

May 24th - May 27th Memorial Day Weekend

July 11th - July 16th Taste of Chicago

August no date set yet usually first Saturday of the month  Venetian Night

August 1st - 4th Lollapalooza

August 17th - 18th Air and Water Show

August 30th - September 2nd Labor Day Weekend and The Jazz Festival 

Alex893
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Letti0 I do have adjusted pricing for some of those (lala and Chicago marathon) but at this point I can price it at $10 or at $1000- if no one can see my property it doesn't matter. @Lisa723 Said she found it easily but I tried again last night night with friends and nothing. 

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Alex893  I found you easily enough also using 12 people as my filter. 

Screenshot (153).png

Alex893
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Letti0thank you for taking the time to check