New listing no renters

New listing no renters

I listed my house a few weeks ago. I tried to do everything people had suggested. I've had 75 views but I have no idea if that's good or bad. I set my price at 150$ but lowered it 

4 Replies 4
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Ronnie-And-Carolyn0

Hi guys - just took a look and I think you mean you have 75 views (but no reviews as yet).

To compete you do need to get your first guests in the door and give you a glowing review or two.

Look at other similar properties and under cut them slightly - also take a look at their calendars and see when they have availability and what they are charging further out. I am guessing your place is more likely to be booked quite a bit in advance, rather than last minute.

In terms of pricing you might want to also consider a lower base rate for say 4 people, then a price per person for the next two. That means you open your place up initially to smaller groups - which may not bring the income you were expecting but will get you feedback and push your listing up the lists

Can't remember what your minimum nights is - if it'sa week or more then harder to get bookings unless you are in a very touristy area. Again in off season or to get bookings and reviews, consider a low (not 1) number of nights

Good luck 

@Ronnie-And-Carolyn0 your place looks very nice, and when I search for listings in Glenwood, AR your listing is at the #2 ranking!

Booking rate (meaning the % of people who book after viewing) is often 1% or less, so not getting a booking yet on 75 views is not surprising. And I don't know you area, so I don't know if 75 views is a lot or a little.

My only suggestion would be that since your listing is new and has no reviews yet, you might want to temporarily set your cancellation policy to be something other than Strict, since Strict cancellation policies can discourage some people from booking (especially since your listing is an unknown so far.)

Paula620
Level 2
Cleveland, SC

I’ve had the same problem. I used VRBO for 14 years and had 5 star ratings. It was always booked. We retired and moved into our vacation house for a couple of years. Now we’re in another home trying to vacation rent. We decided to use Airbnb and have had no inquiries. Bummer

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Paula620  It's always best not to put all your eggs into one basket. I would list elsewhere also in addition to AirBnB just my humble opinion. Since your lower priced maybe try pay per rental on HA/VRBO and TripAdvisor/FlipKey.