New listing styling

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

New listing styling

I just got the new styling applied to my listing. I'm not impressed with the new way photos are displayed. I use captions with my photos as they help tell the story, and the captions don't show now, unless you click in to the photo. Not only is someone unlikely to click in, now that they display this way, it's just more awkward to have to do. Before, you could see the photo and read the caption in the same screen. There was a nice easy flow. Now there's a lot more clicking, especially as some of the captions are cut off. It's much the same with the reviews. If it ain't broke, why fix it?

25 Replies 25
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Colleen253  Airbnb seems to be in love with clicks. The more clicks the better. Why get to what you want to read in one click, when they can take you through 10? Why have a button that takes you right to a message box to CS when you can click through several pages of irrelevance and drop-down menus until you get to a message box?

Now I have to go look and see if they've mucked with my listing, too.

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Colleen253 

I saw that layout back in November but haven't seen it since. It's crazy how long it takes these "tests" to make their rounds. Who knows if it's permanent. 

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Airbnb-Updates/We-re-testing-a-fresh-new-look-for-your-listing/m...

Tony-And-Una0
Level 10
Belfast, United Kingdom

We mentioned the issue with the captions when asked for feedback during the testing.

Looks like it has been ignored if this is the case.. The captions often highlight important aspects of the listing.

@Tony-And-Una0 @Colleen253 

I just checked and I'm seeing the new layout too. Looks like they ignored every single comment made on the previous  post asking for feedback.

@Tony-And-Una0  Why do they even ask for feedback?? It all gets ignored and none of the changes that need to happen, ever happen....like UNHIDING house rules. Instead we get changes like hiding photo captions...how does that even make sense?

Tony-And-Una0
Level 10
Belfast, United Kingdom

IT looks like it has gone live. Our listing changed this morning to the new layout- sans captions without clicking which no one will realise you have to do. Sigh

Tony-And-Una0
Level 10
Belfast, United Kingdom

Also, when searching for a property now, I cannot see anything other than what is on page 1. When I click on the other pages it doesn't change!!!! Not sure of it's just me 🙂

@Tony-And-Una0 Same happening here. I've found that I have to reload each page before progressing to the next, using map view.

Tony-And-Una0
Level 10
Belfast, United Kingdom

If I remove map view it's ok

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland
Tony-And-Una0
Level 10
Belfast, United Kingdom

Not great. Anyone searching might not know to switch off the map view. Weekends are normally our busiest booking time.

I logged our of everything and logged in again and it is now working.

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Eljjov0 @Emilia42 @Jennifer1421 @Sarah977 @Susan17 @Tony-And-Una0 

I added a text prompt to one of my photos to help guests see the captions. It looks so slick, and professional. 🙄Thanks @Airbnb, for making things more difficult, for everyone 🤨