New listing styling

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

New listing styling

I just got the new styling applied to my listing. I'm not impressed with the new way photos are displayed. I use captions with my photos as they help tell the story, and the captions don't show now, unless you click in to the photo. Not only is someone unlikely to click in, now that they display this way, it's just more awkward to have to do. Before, you could see the photo and read the caption in the same screen. There was a nice easy flow. Now there's a lot more clicking, especially as some of the captions are cut off. It's much the same with the reviews. If it ain't broke, why fix it?

25 Replies 25

@Colleen253 I think the captions are GONE! When I click on your photos I don't see any text. At least not on a laptop anyway.

P.S> I think I've said it before but I love your house!

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Emilia42  I give up. This platform is like a fun house. They captions show for me, but possibly because I'm logged in and can edit. I'll see what happens if I go incognito. 

"P.S> I think I've said it before but I love your house!"  Thank you, we are blessed to be in a stunning location. One day soon I need to get view photos that do the mountain vista justice. 

I can see your pic captions on my phone @Colleen253. Those views, though..!! Just breathtaking.. ❤

@Colleen253  Fun house indeed. Emilia can't see them on her laptop, Susan can see them on her phone. The Airbnb techies need an intervention.

@Sarah977 

I've always said that being an Airbnb host is like trying to play a never-ending real-life game of Whack-a-Mole, drunk and blind-folded 😉

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Colleen253 more proof that ABB wants listings to be all photos and very few words (like how they do Plus listings). So silly

I just clicked thru the Preview of my listing, even with clicking on photos, I can't find captions anywhere.

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Kelly149  I just went to your photos and I can see the captions, when I click on a photo...it takes me to the 'click to go sideways' view where they are visible. It's retarded what they've done with hiding captions  Captions just help convey important or interesting information, useful to guests! 

I can see your pic captions on my phone too, @Kelly149 

@Susan17 good grief... the phone hides house rules but shows captions... laptop shows neither 

crying emoji!!

It wouldn't be Airbnb if it weren't chaotic and inconsistent, @Kelly149

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

The more text Airbnb removes or hides, the less a host can object to a guest not reading the listing information. I doubt this isn't the main motivation for doing this. They probably have some algorithm that tells them that xx number of hosts left reviews criticizing the guest for not reading the listing info, or called to cancel the stay because the guest arrived expecting something different than what was offered and when it reaches a certain number, they decide to remove or hide something else 🙂