Critique my listing - Celyn455, Dallas, Texas, United States

Celyn455
Level 2
Dallas, TX

Critique my listing - Celyn455, Dallas, Texas, United States

Screenshot 2022-08-11 at 12.43.14.png

Hi guys! I'm launching a new listing and would love constructive feedback from fellow hosts!

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/688408451217312080?preview_for_ml=true&source_impression_id=p3_16601882...

let me know what you guys think!

Thanks 🙂 

Celyn 

3 Replies 3
Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

hi @Celyn455  

love the styling and the branding! 
not sure if you'll get dinged by abb for having symbols in your title, they put a stop to emojis a while back, but  i like it, clever. 
love the styling, 10/10. As a photographer i am swooning over what a stunning location this is! 
not sure the brand new kitchen is "wabisabi", that's the term i use to describe my cottage with mismatched doors and squeaky floorboards! 😅

some of your photos are a bit repetitive, I didn't mind the first time cos everything is gorgeous, but it took a while for me to get to the 3rd bedroom. and i'd consider getting a better/wider shot of the master with the canopy around it. looks amazing but the photo doesn't show it off enough. 

I'm considering doing branded bathrobes as well, (we have all branded uniforms for us on the farm anyway, i'm actually thinking of doing a whole range of merch at some point) would be curious to hear if they get stolen. 

LOVE the outdoor space, I'd also consider doing a night time shoot for both the dining space/firepit and the bathtub. i see you have festoon lights strung up, would look amazing to have a shot of people there enjoying the space. 

what a dream airbnb!

Gwen386
Level 10
Lusby, MD

@Celyn455 

Very beautiful and relaxing.

You should consider using a professional photographer so that the entirety of each room can be photographed. 

Also, even though there are 3 bedrooms, I would reduce the number of guests from 7 to 4 for below reasons:

1.  there is only one full bathroom

2. I can’t tell from photos but it looks as if there is limited seating in the dining room (2 chairs and a bench) and living room (appears to be 1 couch and a chair). If there is more seating area for guest, let photos show that. 

3. The pictures display a luxurious Zen-like atmosphere; however, IMHO, a group of 7 people, and maybe a pet, would make this beautiful space crowded. 

Louise0
Level 10
New South Wales, Australia

It's beautiful and looks stunning in the photos.  As others have commented, it's gorgeous and 'zen-like'.  However, it's also impractical and unsuitable for 7 guests plus pets.  

Your photos do a great job of conveying 'mood' but convey little in the way of practical information. 

You're showing the place on Airbnb, this is not Instagram. Guests want to see whether the place suits their needs. They want to know where the can hang their clothes, what's the washer/dryer situation, can they read in bed, dry their hair, apply their makeup with ease. They want visual assurance that there are X number of bathrooms and they all have opaque walls and doors.  Save the glamour shots for Instagram.  

Guests require (and expect) a bedside table, a charging point and a reading light next to where they sleep, not a low table, the surface of which is largely covered by a big vase with a bit of dried palm frond.

There doesn't look like there's sufficient seating for 7 people in the sitting room or around the dining table.  Unless there are space restrictions that preclude this, consider adding an additional sofa or swapping out the current sofa for an extended modular unit.

If there is a window behind the bed (which is always to be avoided if possible) then a headboard is essential. If you're running curtains behind a bed, then you need a headboard so that you aren't sitting with your head resting on the curtains.  

The oven would have to win an award for poor placement.  There's no resting space on the LHS and it immediately abuts a thoroughfare.  It's both dangerous and impractical.  I realise it's too late to fix this, but this is kitchen design 101.  Clearly someone slept through that lecture.

My suggestion is to fix what can reasonably be fixed and limit occupancy to 3 couples, no children and definitely no pets, unless you want your heart broken.